Green Card with wrong residence date

Jarbill

Registered Users (C)
I got my green card through asylum and after long wait I received my green card in May of 2005. The date on the approval notice matches the day on the green card. I didn't bother with it until I applied for reentry permit and learned that my residence date is different from the one printed on the green card.
I called USCIS and spoken with several immigration officers and each of them told me different answer. Since I have to fill out form I-90 based on a card that is incorrect on an account of USCIS error, I do not have to pay for biometric and application fee. I wrote a cover letter that I have chosen option "D" and mentioned that the residence since date is different from the one printed on the green card. I have mailed the completed I-90 with the original green card and with all the supporting documentations including the I485 mailer that previously came with the green card.
I do not know how long it will take to process green card replacement. I sent mine to the Nebraska service center since my original green card came from there. Has anyone experienced similar situation like me? Since I do not have a passport, I was given a temporary green card valid for a year by going to the local INS field office.
Any info would be highly appreciated.

My mom has similar situation but my green card was never received, so I am sending I-90, don't know how long it will take ;[