Green card received today!

sasammie

Registered Users (C)
Some feedback regarding interview at San Francisco office:
I went for interview at the SF office on August 10. Our appointment was scheduled for 8:30am, we arrived in line outside 630 Sansome St at 8:00am. After waiting in line for about 4 minutes we were shown into the building and made our way to check -in at the reception desk. We handed our notice to the lasy and waited for 25 minutes until being called into the "back". A very polite Asian gentleman called my husband and I into his office. He swore us in and then asked me questions; my name, address, birthdate, names of parents. He asked my husband how we had met and why we decided to get married. We answered truthfully and with humour. He asked my husband if he had met my parents, we told him we would be travelling back to South African in Nov and he would met them then. He looked at our phto album and took our emplyment letters. I was suprised he didn't ask for any proof of our relationship. He then approved my application and stamped my passport. All in all, it took about 10 mintues for the interview. He told us the green card would arrive in about 4 weeks, but I received it today ( August 19).

My husband thinks I was crazy for all my planning and organization of the file with letters, cards and all appropriate paperwork but I think that is why the interview went so well. What a relief to have it all over with! Good luck to everyone else going throughthe process, just remember to have all your ducks in a row before going for the interview!

March 9 2005: Married
April 5 2005: Sent I-130, I485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox by UPS
April 6 2005: received at Chicago Lockbox
April 13 2005: received NOA for I-485 and I765
April 19 2005: went for Biometrics at Santa Rosa, CA
June 6 2005: received EAD in mail, effective June 2 2005
June 18 2005: received interview notice
August 10: interview in SF, approved
August 19: received green card in mail

After the card

Don't forget to go to SSN office to apply for the "normal" card, the one without the restriction.