Green Card received today (06/30)

Want GC Soon

Registered Users (C)
I am happy to inform you all that myself and my wife received our GREEN CARDS along with our WELCOME NOTICES today (06/30). A great sigh of relief.

Good Luck to ALL! :)

==========================================================

Want GC Soon - GC Saga Over on June 6, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,
Yes Guys! My GC Saga is over today. It's a great day for me today (06/06/2007) as finally, it's my turn today to get my "Permanent Resident" approved at INS today and I got my I-551 stamp. I wanted to share this good news with all of you as this will give everyone a ray of hope on your GC processing.

My Background for those who are interested:

Came to USA in 1998 and had 6 H1's and 1 F1 and then filed GC in 2003 end and filed 140/485/EAD/AP concurrent filing. Labor PD May 2001. So far had 4 EAD's and 2 AP's. I completed my interview on August 5, 2005 but then my PD was current, but no visa numbers available for me to get my stamp. In October, the PD's got retrogressed and I had to wait for almost 2 years to get to the day where I am right now. My PD became current on June 1st, 2007and I received my finger printing notice on 1st June for doing my FP on June 2nd and completed it on June 2nd.

On Monday (06/04/2007), I received a letter from USCIS that I have an interview on June 6th and today, myself and my wife went to the INS office at 9:15am and gave our appointment letters and we were called in by the Immigration Officer at 10:25am and she said "CONGRATULATIONS, Welcome to the United States and when you step out of the door today, you are Permanent Resident of the United States. You can fly to India tonight if you need to and work for any employer" and it was indeed a great moment that I have been waiting for the last 4 years.

I told the officer that this is the day I have been waiting for, and she smiled and said that you are all done.

Before she even called me in today, she said that my name/face was very familiar and asked me to sit tight and relax and she will get back to me. For me to sit tight and relax was difficult as they both sounded out of synch. Then she came back and asked for my marriage certificate and also my daughter's birth certificate which I had today and handed them over to her. The officer was very polite, courteous and smiling which made us feel even more better.

It was a great moment for our family today and we are looking forward to celebrate it next week.

I want to wish you all good luck and I am sure that everyone is waiting for their day and its not far now as many of us are getting FP notices and completed our interviews and its just a matter of time.

I also want to thank this forum for giving so much of valuable information where I have answered for many others and I have received information from others as well.

The officer said that I should get my "GREEN CARD" in a maximum of couple of months and if I dont get it in next 11 months, I need to go to the local office again and get another I-551 stamp, which the officer didnt think that I would need it as I would get my GC for sure.

When I was driving back home, I asked my wife to pinch me to see if I really got my GC today as I wasn't able to believe myself that I got my stamp today.

Good Luck to All!

Krishna

Congratulations to you!! :) Is that all that happened during the interview? I wonder why they call it the "interview". For some reason I thought they'd actually ask you 1001 questions or something.

Congratulations to you!! :) Is that all that happened during the interview? I wonder why they call it the "interview". For some reason I thought they'd actually ask you 1001 questions or something.

Yes, it all happened during the "interview" as how they term it as. I had already been asked that 1001 questions in 2005.

On Monday (06/04/2007), I received a letter from USCIS that I have an interview on June 6th and today, myself and my wife went to the INS office at 9:15am and gave our appointment letters and we were called in by the Immigration Officer at 10:25am and she said "CONGRATULATIONS, Welcome to the United States and when you step out of the door today, you are Permanent Resident of the United States. You can fly to India tonight if you need to and work for any employer" and it was indeed a great moment that I have been waiting for the last 4 years.

Did she really say that? I thought that you had to continue working for the same employer for about 6 months to 1 year to show good faith intent for the permanent job offer.

I just received the Card Ordered notice today by email.
How long it takes till I get the physical card? Can anyone help?
Thank you!!

Congrats buddy, I am hoping to receive the cards soon as well. Got my approval letter last week.

Hi,

Getting approval is not good ? !!... as per the posting on immigration-law.com, it looks like chances of revokal of approval, due to recent development, didnt understand clearly what is going on, pl. refer and post your thoughts !!

Krishna - why are you interviewed second time?

Is second interview required? Can you please post your second interview experience like what they asked. I am still waiting for the PD to be current and I was happy for 2 weeks since July 2nd my PD becomes current and unfortunately they shut the doors on our face the same day. So have to wait don't know till when. Did you take info pass appointment once your priority date become current?

Is second interview required? Can you please post your second interview experience like what they asked. I am still waiting for the PD to be current and I was happy for 2 weeks since July 2nd my PD becomes current and unfortunately they shut the doors on our face the same day. So have to wait don't know till when. Did you take info pass appointment once your priority date become current?

No, I didnt take any infopass appt. All they wanted to is to recheck all my documents one more time. Good Luck

No, I didnt take any infopass appt.

No, I didnt take any infopass appt. All they wanted to is to recheck all my documents one more time. Good Luck

Krishna - Did you get the interview letter??

Krishna,
Did you get the interview letter? I sent you message can you check?

Hello Krishna

Hello Kirshna,
I sent you Mail with my phone number. Is it possible for you to call me? I have some questions and proabably you can help me.
Regards