Green card not received, enter USA before almost 6 months. What to do?

hamelionche

Registered Users (C)
Hello again,
I have a question regarding my husbands green card. After marrige to me he enter USA on 01st of May 2011. Since then we never receive his green card. I call USCIS to check what was happening but the answer was:
"On May 18, 2011, we created a Permanent Resident Card for you and mailed it to the address we had on file at that time, but the post office returned it to us. Recently, you called to tell us that you did not receive your Permanent Resident Card. We have located your card and will re-mail it to the above address. Please allow 60 days for delivery. "
From this letter that we receive it seems that they will remail the card but until today nothing so far. I call twice and receive the same letter but no card :( My husband is out of USA now and planning to go back to USA for few weeks. Is there is anything that we have to do so we can find out what is going on with the card? Do I have to call USCIS, InfoPass, do I have to file I-90? Please throw some light in our case if you have information. Thanks in advance and good luck to all.

I think it would be best if you make an Infopass to inquire about the status of your husband's green card. You should have filed in AR-11 when you shifted your residence. How is your husband getting back into the US? Does he have a re-entry permit? since he does not have a Green card, a re-entry permit may help him get back into the US

Thanks for your opinion jessicapotter.
He is planning to go back in USA and talk with IO with InfoPass. I hope that they can tell us what is the situation. As far as I know AR-11 form is needed when you change address in USA. You do not have to file this form if you are going out of USA. He will enter USA with his passport - he have the initial visa that was stamped when he enter USA for first time. On this visa says "Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". I guess it won`t be a problem to enter USA with his passport if he is been out of USA for less then six months. If there is someone who can help me, please will be happy to read opinions. Thanks in advance.

You are right, you husband can enter the US back with his US passport. Just wait for the Infopass and act accordingly. Keep us posted!

jessicapotter, he does not have US passport. He have his foreign passport (from Bulgaria) and the visa inside is stamped and on the visa it says that "as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" - but this is Bulgarian Passport. We decide to wait few more months and probably 2 months before this one year to expire he will enter USA and set a date for infopass. Hope we do not have to do it and receive the green card by that time. Will keep this thread up to date. thanks.