Green Card in Mail

flman95

Registered Users (C)
Hello all;

Just today I got an email from USCIS saying that my case for I-485 is approved and it will be mailed as soon as the card is ready. I am so happy about it.
Again, after my AOS interview on 7/5, second fingerprint a week after, and a week after (yesterday), card was sent. Just wanted to share.

Thanks and I will keep you updated once I get the card in my hands.

Case Status
Receipt Number: mscXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 19, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Jane,

Thank you so very much. Your experience and knowledge that you bring to this board is priceless. I definitely benefited from your suggestions and inputs. I'd like to take this moment to extend my biggest 'Thank You' to you.
I will keep on staying at this board until I get the card on hand.
I will let you know about it.

Also, I wish you all the best to your case and I am sure all will go well.

Take care:

-SAN

Congratulations! are you the guy who did interview and they approved lately but needed to do another FP. Did you do another FP to get the approve letter? Forgive me if I was wrong.

Zlin, this sounds like my case:

Congratulations! are you the guy who did interview and they approved lately but needed to do another FP. Did you do another FP to get the approve letter? Forgive me if I was wrong.

Zlin,

Yes, it was me! Thank you for reading the posting. My FP had expired after the 15 months period and I needed to had the FP re-done. Had USCIS posted stamp in the mail, I'd had a week earlier. But, hey...no compalins!! I had walk-in for FP and after few days, yesterday the Card was issued to me. I received total of 12 emails with same contents. What a spam, right?? No, I am just kidding!!

Do you by any chance know the time line to get the actual plastic card in mail? I think just a matter of days...may be by the end of this week! What do you think?

Thank you very much for the responses.

_SAN

Cool. You are welcome. I'm really happy for you and envy you too~~ :) Hope that I'll be as happy one day. I heard someone got it 1 one week, someone got it in 2 weeks this year. But someone waitted for monthes, that was last year. I think USCIS system improved a lot since changed to Chicago Lock Box. Print one of emails as confirmation in case~

flman95 said:

Zlin,

Yes, it was me! Thank you for reading the posting. My FP had expired after the 15 months period and I needed to had the FP re-done. Had USCIS posted stamp in the mail, I'd had a week earlier. But, hey...no compalins!! I had walk-in for FP and after few days, yesterday the Card was issued to me. I received total of 12 emails with same contents. What a spam, right?? No, I am just kidding!!

Do you by any chance know the time line to get the actual plastic card in mail? I think just a matter of days...may be by the end of this week! What do you think?

Thank you very much for the responses.

_SAN

Got the letter of Approval in Mail today!

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that today in mail, we received the approval letter. Here is what it says:

Code:
Letter from USCIS

RE: A#
Class of ADJ: ___
Date of ADJ: July 19, 2005

Dear Applicant:

Your application for status as a lawful permanent resident 
and admissibility
 as an immigrant have been thoroughly reviewed. 
The Service has determined
 that you are eligible for status as a lawful permanent resident. 
Accordingly, your application is [B]granted.[/B]

This letter indicates your classification and the date as of which 
you became a lawful resident of the United States. 
Should you wish Temporary Evidence of lawful Admission for 
Permanent Residence, you will need to report to the 
Immigration office at the following location by scheduling 
an INFOPASS appointment at [url]www.bcis-fla.com:[/url]

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
 (and the Tampa address)

Bring this letter, photo identification, a passport, if available, or one
 (1) color photo if a passport is not available. 
With temporary proof of your status, you can work, 
travel and reside in the United States until your Resident Alien Card, 
Form I-551, is mailed to you.

Sincerely,

Acting District Director
Is that awesome or what? To celebrate, we went for ice cream and we had a great time. By the way, this month is awesome so far...LPR taken care, news that we are expecting a baby, and we just bought a house!

Ok, so, I am hoping that within a week I should be getting a real card in mail...don't you think? Do you suggest that I go to the DO to get my passport stamped? I appreciate you guys feeding me some information to this regards.
Thank you all and we wish ALL of you good luck. Trust in God and all will be well. And, yes, have a blessed marriage life!!

_SAN

to FLman95

WOW! Sounds like this is your lucky year indeed :)
Stamping your passport is optional. If you plan to travel overseas in the next couple of months, then it’s a good (and necessary) idea to have that stamp in your passport. Other then that - don’t waste your time for another Info-pass, your plastic GC will come in a mail soon. Meanwhile – you can apply to replace your SS card for unrestricted one and throw that EAD in a trash (so to speak).
Best wishes to you and your family.
Jane.

Got a new email today from Immigration. I guess this is the last email I will be seeing from them for a while.
Code:
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On July 22, 2005, an approval notice 
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received 
this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. 
To update your address, please call the National Customer 
Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application 
or the case status results listed above, or if you have not 
received a decision or advice from USCIS within the 
projected processing time frame*, please contact the 
National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on 
the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Take care!