Green Card (consular processing, ,marriage) questions

nikhil_cv

Current State:
- My I-140 { in which we had specified CP from Canada} has been approved and am awaiting Packet -3 from the NVC for Consular Processing.
- I am presently residing in Windsor Canada{as a permanent resident} and working in Dearborn, Michigan {H1-B visa}.

Problem:
- I intend on getting married this year and want to include my future spouse's name in my current GC application.
- It would take 6-8 months to get my wife from India to Canada after marriage.

I have the following questions:
- Should I delay my response to the packet-3 till I get married? How long can I delay it?
- Is this correct -----> "Once I am officially married I need to send copy of the marriage certificate and filled DS230 for my wife (you can copy your form or download from travel.state.gov) to KCC and ask them to update my marital status. They will schedule interview for both of us." If this is correct, by when I can I do this.
- If the above is correct, how long does it take to reach the interview stage? As, both me and my wife would be required for the interview, as stated earlier it would take 6-8 months for my future wife to reach Canada to attend the interview after marriage or is it advisable to get her in to US on an H4 visa.

On the other hand, if I don't include my wife on this US GC: {I would get my wife to Canada and she can become a permanent resident of Canada}
- Can I be a US permanent resident and a Canadian permanent resident.
- Can I reside in Canada along with my wife being a US permanent resident.