• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Green Card collection (2011)

winner201176

Registered Users (C)
I am a DV2011 winner.
I arrived USA on jun 4 2011 as DV immigrant.
I have got SSN number but i still haven't receive welcome letter and GC.
When i check with USCIS they asked me to wait until july 4 (one month).They said I can only contact them if i don't get Welcome letter july 4 the latest.
How long need to wait to get my GC?
Tks

You will get it when you get it. Your visa stamp in your passport is your "green card" until you receive the plastic one. It usually takes about one month to get the plastic green card; since you haven't even waited 4 weeks, any attempt to contact USCIS is pointless. If you don't get it by July 8, I'd call them. It's no reason to panic. The visa in your passport serves as your green card as well and is valid for one year from the day of entry. So even if your green card got lost in the mail -- highly unlikely -- you can use your visa for anything you would use the plastic card until they send you a new one.
Why are you so impatient?
If you have a SSN you are set to go get a job if you don't have one already. You do not need the plastic card to get a job...the visa in your passport is as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a DV2011 winner.
I arrived USA on jun 4 2011 as DV immigrant.
I have got SSN number but i still haven't receive welcome letter and GC.
When i check with USCIS they asked me to wait until july 4 (one month).They said I can only contact them if i don't get Welcome letter july 4 the latest.
How long need to wait to get my GC?
Tks
It will take some time to process your paper work. Nothing to worry.