Great Guru please helppp!!!!!

fkhan2

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am currently on H1B status. Before that I was on F-1 visa and visited my home country in January 2005.

When I entered US after my trip, I was issued a new 1-94 and was stapled to my passport.

Later after finishing my Masters in May 2005, I got a job and got my H1B approval notice in October. At that time I was issued H1B approval notice along with a new 1-94 card but had the same 1-94 number which was on the original white 1-94 which I received back in January 2005. The problem was that USCIS, by mistake put the wrong country of citizenship on my new 1-94 (the one which I got with I797).

Initially my attorney told me that it is not a problem, however later I realized that it could be a problem if I leave the country and then re-enter. Therefore I decided to apply for a new or replacement form 1-94 and submitted I-102 form, a month ago.

I have received the receipt letter from USCIS according to which it would take 60-90 days for them to process. However I have heard that people even had to wait for one whole year for USCIS to issue a new I-94 which is ridiculous, considering that it was a error on their part.

I was actually planning to go to Canada for H-1 stamping. My question here is, can I travel to Canada and come back. I have my original I-94 and other supporting documents for my correct country of citizenship, plus I am sure USCIS also should have all my information.

Has someone encountered such a problem in the past? Is it even considered a problem? OR would it be a problem when I reenter the country?

Please help me Great Guru. I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: