Graphic Design Category?

flyguyNYC

Hi..I was wondering if anyone can give me information about the graphic design category on the TN job list.

I recently completed a Master's degree in Media Studies in New York and have since been working in new media, at the online news website of a major American network. My official title is Assistant Producer and I am responsible for the creation and upkeep of the site's multimedia components. This includes digital video editing, page layout, and digital design.

Although my exact title isn't 'graphic designer,' much of what I do (and what I received training in) falls along a similar line with the use of all the same computer software, etc.

My question is: will U.S. officials accept my current position as a qualifiable reason to issue me a TN visa? If not, should I have my employer explicitly say that I am a 'graphic designer,' and leave it at that.

My F-I OPT expires in January and I need to understand my options regarding the TN. If anyone can shed light on this, I would greatly appreciate it. By the way, I'm Canadian born and educated (B.A.(Pol. Sci) and post-grad diploma (Journalism)).

Thank you.

flyguyNYC
New York, NY