Got two FP notices

GC-062004

Registered Users (C)
Got two FP notices yesterday and the day before yesterday. Followed are details:

1st one (scheduled Mar. 9th), “ to process your application, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your Biometrics…”

2nd one (scheduled Mar. 25th), “ to process your application, INS must take fingerprints and have them cleared by the FBI….”

My attorney suggested me asking the officer while the first FP whether I should take the 2nd one.

Just wonder if anyone here can tell me why there are two FP notices for me, and whether i must take both of them.

Thx,

-------------------------------------------------
EB2 Semi-Concurrent
I140 RD : 06/15/2004;
ND : 06/16/2004
LUD update: No
I485 RD : 01/19/2005
ND: 01/21/2005
LUD update: 02/15/2005

Lately people have started receiving FP notice which also requires them to give biometrics info or they receive just biometrics notice if they have already given their FP recently.

1. Biometrics - This is basically required for printing EAD cards and GC plastic cards. INS officers take digital photographs, digital signature of the applicant, finger print of the right index finger,

2. Regular FP is basically used by FBI to perform name check, criminal records check etc. INS officers take finger prints of all 10 fingers.

After reading few threads and other member's responses, my understanding is like this. You can see one of the following code in your FP notice and it means as follows:

Code 1 -> Regular Finger print
Code 2 -> Biometrics
Code 3 -> Both regular Finger Print and Biometrics

Appollo has already responded!! I would suggest take both the notices

GC-062004 said:
Got two FP notices yesterday and the day before yesterday. Followed are details:

1st one (scheduled Mar. 9th), “ to process your application, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your Biometrics…”

2nd one (scheduled Mar. 25th), “ to process your application, INS must take fingerprints and have them cleared by the FBI….”

My attorney suggested me asking the officer while the first FP whether I should take the 2nd one.

Just wonder if anyone here can tell me why there are two FP notices for me, and whether i must take both of them.

Thx,

EB2 Semi-Concurrent

Please pay attention to the code on your notice. I guess this biometrics thing is fairly new so that even the staff in ASC are not that familiar with them. Last week, I took my appointment notice (with code 2) to the ASC and they just did a regular fingerprint for me like months ago in my last fingerprints. Today, I read a couple of posts on the forum and realized that they might make a mistake. So I went back to the ASC and talked to them, fortunately they admitted the mistake and took the biometrics for me. Hopefully this won't cause more delay on my application.

Another lesson I learned is that do more research and don't just trust your lawyer.

Thanks so much, guys!
EB2 Semi-Concurrent

FP preparation...

I really can't believe it... i did my FP and was confused about why they took biometrics instead of FP...and the replies from you all helps me to understand it.

I am really forced to say here... this portal is fantastic !!...It provides lots of information and i find it very helpful.... My Sincere heartfelt thanks to Rajiv Khanna and all the active participants in this portal.

FP Preparation:

A small piece of information for housewives who wash vessels at home and also who have exposed their hands to detergents , soaps and bleaching agents...

There is a high chance for these people to have cracks on the Fingers.(Some people who have dry skin are also exposed to this problem).
Please use some hand cream for couple of weeks before going to INS. Also try to use some hand gloves while doing work at home. For dry hands you might try some lotions like Corn Huskers Lotion. My wife had this problem... if we had known before we would have taken some precatiponary steps.

All, please share your experience and information you know...this will help us all a lot.

Thanks

Well, I had very minor paper cuts in my fingers while at work and tried all different kinds of lotions so that he heals of fast.

However my 2 fingers did show as broken ridges but the QA guy came and passed my FP results. i am wondering if this will cause any issues at a latter date ? Any thoughts or ideas ?

EB3 - NSC
Priority Date: June 2002
140 RD -Sep 2004
485/AP/EAD RD - Dec 2004
FP 02/22/2005
EAD no updates AD : ??
AP AD 02/24/2005

Spouse FP 02/22/2005
Spouse EAD Approved - 02/16/2005
Spouse AP AD:02/24/2005

I-140 AD : ??
I-485 AD : ??

Also did anyone experience that ur spouse received EAD and no updates on ur EAD. My husband received his EAD on 02/16/2005 and no updates on my EAD so far :confused:

Please share your thoughts and ideas.
Thanks
Shyla

I have received two notices too. One is for fingerprints scheduled on 3/10/05, the other is for biometrics scheduled on 4/6/05 with code 3. Does this mean I have to visit the local INS twice for this thing?

But my wife received only the biometrics notice. Should she receive the FP notice as well?

Apollo_13 and others,

Please clarify my doubts about biometrics/FP.

1. Where do I see the code e.g. Code 1, 2, 3 etc. on the notice of action?

2. I did my regular Finger prints recently and on the FP notice, can't seem to figure out the Code.

3. When a notice for biometrics is sent out, does the online status for 485 actually say so. e.g. "biometrics" instead of "Finger Printing"

Do let me know. Appreciate all your responses.

-Bade

BadeMiyan said:
Apollo_13 and others,

Please clarify my doubts about biometrics/FP.

1. Where do I see the code e.g. Code 1, 2, 3 etc. on the notice of action?

Answer: You can see the column 'Code' next to 'Application Number' and above your Name and Address columns in your finger print notice.

2. I did my regular Finger prints recently and on the FP notice, can't seem to figure out the Code.

Answer: Check the copy of your FP notice. If you find Code 3, then try going to the INS office and explain the situation that they didn't take digital photograph, digital signatures and digital FP of your index finger and tell them that your FP notice had 'Code 3' etc. If they accept their mistake, then they will take all the above things.

3. When a notice for biometrics is sent out, does the online status for 485 actually say so. e.g. "biometrics" instead of "Finger Printing"

Answer: In my case, I didn't even see any change in the online status regarding FP notice being sent out. Don't worry too much about that. It doesn't happen to all.

Do let me know. Appreciate all your responses.

-Bade

Hi Apollo _13
I received my FP notice on Jan 22 and did early FP. I just checked the copy of FP notice there is no column code next to app number or anywhere in the whole FP notice.As far as the reg FP notices are concerned you receive a copy and your attorney receives another copy, is it same with biometric notice too.

Another question: biometric notice is only for few people or every applicant with AOS pendig.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
I got first FP notice for me & my wife for FP on Feb 24' 05
and we did our FP. does not know whether FBI cleared it or not?
Now yesterday I got 2 notices for the biometric schedule for
April 09 05. Initially I got confused what is this and wanted to talk to attorney
but after reading this thread got some relief. This is fantastic.
So i guess this is common or what?
Can I prepond it and what is the procedure?
The code I guess on my notice is 3. What does that mean? I will check again
and post it.

Raj

Hi Raj,
Can you tell us how your first FP notice different from your second. Can you post the details like what exactly is the code on both and what it stated in the notice. Also what all did they do during your first FP.

Thanks

FP notice from NSC

Hi all,
I got the FP notice today from NSC. But I did not received anything for spouse. Will there be different FP notice for spouse?

what documents should we take for FP notice?

my FP notics says "APPLICANT COPY" is this OK? Can I take this to FP.

My finger printing is in SAN ANTONIO on 3/36/2005 which is saturday. Do they open in Saturdays also ?

also it says CODE = 3 , what does this mean?
it says it must capture biometrics.. will there be other FP notice from INS for security checks? why cant they do it in one visit. :mad:

Please reply ..

thanks
Jamba

jambalakadi said:
Hi all,
I got the FP notice today from NSC. But I did not received anything for spouse. Will there be different FP notice for spouse?

ANSWER: Yes, There will be a different one for spouse. Ask your attorney, he/she would have received a courtesy copy. Check with your attorney if he/she has received a notice for your spouse.

what documents should we take for FP notice?

ANSWER: You need to take original FP notice (i.e. applicant copy), photo id for each applicant (like your Driver's license, passport etc.), if possible copy of your I-485 receipt notice)

my FP notics says "APPLICANT COPY" is this OK? Can I take this to FP.

ANSWER: Yes, thats fine.

My finger printing is in SAN ANTONIO on 3/36/2005 which is saturday. Do they open in Saturdays also ?

ANSWER: Yes, they must be open on saturdays too. Check the following web site:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/asc7.htm#texas

SAN ANTONIO
SAN ANTONIO ASC
Randolph Blvd.
5121 Crestway Drive
Suite 112
San Antonio, TX 78239

Open: Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed: Sunday, Monday and all Federal holidays

also it says CODE = 3 , what does this mean?

ANSWER: Code 3 means both regular FP and biometrics. In case if INS forget to take biometrics, remind them about code 3 and ask them to take biometrics.

it says it must capture biometrics.. will there be other FP notice from INS for security checks? why cant they do it in one visit. :mad:

ANSWER: If you have code 3, then they should do both regular FP and biometrics.

Please reply ..

thanks
Jamba

rarebell said:
Hi Apollo _13
I received my FP notice on Jan 22 and did early FP. I just checked the copy of FP notice there is no column code next to app number or anywhere in the whole FP notice.As far as the reg FP notices are concerned you receive a copy and your attorney receives another copy, is it same with biometric notice too.

Another question: biometric notice is only for few people or every applicant with AOS pendig.

Thanks

rarebell,

Probably you will receive another notice for Biometrics. In that notice you will see 'Code'. I am not sure whether Attorney will also receive a copy (courtesy) for Biometrics notice. I guess, they should receive a courtesy copy just like in other cases.

I think biometric just started recently. I guess whoever is suppose to receive a FP notice, they will receive a notice with Code-3. Whoever has already done regular FP, they might receive a biometric notice too. This will be used in future to issue plastic card/EAD card etc.

Fingerprint Notification with Code 3

I got Fingerprint request with code=3
Getting Fingerprint and Biometric request mean that I am in the final stages on I-485 ?

Got two of the same notice

Wow, this particular thread is awesome!

Gurus, pls. advice. On 1/18/05 my wife and I had fingerprints taken at Boston office. A couple of weeks later, received e-mail from BCIS that wife's FP has been received, but I didn't receive anything to date.

Now, I got FP notice for 3/10/05, not in Boston, but Manchester, NH for same purpose i.e Code 1

Called 1-800 no., but that sweet lady was so unhelpful - she said just go.

Anyone had this experience?

Just received my FP notice the other day. It just says code 1. Can I request INS to consider doing biometrics at that same time or should I wait to get another code 2or 3 at a later time and then go back and have my biometrics done.

Thanks.
roy1

2nd FP conceled

I went to ASC at LA yesterday and took the FP with the code #3. They took the pic, signature and all 10 fingue prints. Interestingly, they asked me if I received the 2nd FP notice, I said yes, and they just stamped the 2nd FP notice with sth like " done March 9th". So I do not need another visit any more. (related information see post #1 of this thread. )

Thx,

GC-062004