Got two FP notices

SKumarD

Registered Users (C)
Got two FP notices within a span of a week. The date on the letters are within the space of 7 days. The content in both the letters is same. Anyone has this experience? Please let me know. Appreciate your help in advance.

That's unusual. I would keep both and go in on the date of the first, and bring both to the fingerprint place and ask them to explain.

Both notices have the same scheduled date (1/14/05) and the content in both is the same. I gave early FP on Saturday (same day when I received the second FP notice) not knowing about the second FP notice. I gave my FP at Charlotte and by the time I returned home (in Cary) I found the second notice. Both the FP notices were sent with a date (sent from USCIS) difference of 7 days.

SKumarD,
Did your online status get update after the FP done saying INS have recieved your FP?

smk04,
Yes, the online message changed on 12/17/04 saying they received the FP on 12/16/04 and processing has resumed..... I did my FP on 12/11/04. I got an email from USCIS on 12/17/04 with the same online message.

EB3 - Concurrent
ND for 140 & 485 : Nov 18, 2004
FP for wife: Mar 2004
FP for me: Dec 11, 2004 (Actual scheduled date: 1/14/2005)

skumard,

Do you have an attorney? The 2 notices is possible if the beneficiary does not have any attorney(G-28 form filled in). In such cases 2 FP notices are likely to be sent to the beneficiary directly.

please confirm.

pashwin,
Our attorney filed both 140 & 485. When my wife received FP notice (in Mar 2004) she received only one. I talked to my attorney and he, too, was surprised to know that I received two notices. Both the notices have the same schedule date etc., but the letters were sent from USCIS with a week apart.

califdude,
The LUD did not change when I got the FP notices but it did change after USCIS received them from FBI