Got this interesting response from my congressman

GCAspirant123

Registered Users (C)
This is what i got from my congressman office today for our concern. she is the one good person and understand that our concerns are very valid and real. great going and i urge you guys do the same to your congressman and senator.

------
Response

Hello.
Yes, I am happy to get this to the Congressional Unit at TSC and ask them to forward it to the Director. I will do this today and hopefully we will get a response.
Thank you for your email and I feel that your concerns are very valid and real.

------------------------------------
our concern

How are you? I used to work with you regarding my I-485 cases pending in TSC. Here is a concern regarding the I-485 processing. I thought I could send an e-mail to see if I am missing anything. This is the concern not only from me but from several people.

This is to bring to your notice, the stoppage of approvals from the Texas Service Centers (TSC) for 485 applications. For the past 3 months we have observed that there has been no 485 approval from Texas Service center. Even considering that TPS (Special work permit cases for El Salvador applicants) are being given priority, we have seen quite a few 485 approvals coming from Nebraska,Vermont and California service centers. It has been only the Texas service center that has virtually stopped any 485 approvals.

This has caused a lot of problems not only for applicants waiting for their adjustment of status, but also for TSC taking extra workloads and delaying more and more cases. Applicants have had to extend their EAD (Employment Authorization document, one year duration) and AP (Advanced paroles, one year duration) multiple times. Also applicants have had to do the second or third time fingerprint that lasts only fifteen months. TSC has had to reassign its internal source to review and approval those second or third time applications of EAD, AP, and fingerprint). It is going to cause more and more cases backlogged. If TSC reviewed and approved I-485 timely, it would not have had to redo those EAD, AP, and fingerprint jobs again. However now there are no signs of any approvals at all from TSC. It is expected that there are more and more applicants will have to do their second or third time EADs, APs, and Fingerprints while more some others have to take more time than usual to wait for their first EADs, APs and Fingerprints.

We have sent many letters/fax to TSC Director about this problem and nothing happened. We think our requests didn’t reach reach the right person who could escalate the problem to the higher officials. Everyday many people are calling to INS after waiting for more than a year and the Immigration Information Officer’s are saying that it is the TPS cases that are causing the delay. Unless it is fixed people have to suffer forever. Could you please help us in taking this issue to the TSC Director and so that it could be fixed and thousands of people will be benefitted with your kind help?

One of the things that could be done is reassigning the cases pending for more than the usual time frames to Nebraska, Vermont and California Service centers, thereby reducing some backlogs at the Texas Service center. This will benefit not only the applicants but the service center itself in getting rid of a lot of backlogs and start adjucating cases in a speedy manner. Please note that TSC is always one year behind all other service centers in I-485 processing.

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time.

My congressman wants to lok into it too. They are following up with me. I hadn't heard anything for awhile. They called yesterday saying my correspondence had gone to the Washington office and it finally made it back to the Raleigh office.

Its Congressman Brad Miller (NC).

I am less concerned about my case, as people have been waiting longer than me. I am concern about the lack of movement and the unjust system where TSC is already backlogged more than anyone and continues to fall behind.

Gcaspirant123.. and Kennygh,
You folks are doing a great job.
keep it up. I hope these things will certainly make atleast a bit faster. Good luck to all of us.

Kudos to kennygh.

Hi guys, I got a response too from the Republican Senator Jeff Sessions in Alabama. His office said the delay was because of the transition to the new bureau and that they expected things to be back up to speed by April or so. The lady promised to keep my file on hold and call INS back in 5/2003.

KUDOS TO KENNYGH FOR ALL HIS EFFORTS.