Got the GODDAMN GREEN CARD !!!!!!

puneet_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Friends !!
Finally after 6.5 yrs of struggle here in this great country, me and my wife got the reward for it today. Just came back from lunch and found 2 emails from USCIS. I opened it and saw the magic words.

It still has not sunk in and I guess it will take time. Wanted to share the good news with you guys in this great forum.

Details will follow in the evening about my case info.

Regards to all !!
Puneet.

RD Oct 15, 2002
ND Oct 31, 2002
RFE sent Aug 16, 2004
RFE response Recd Sep 9, 2004
Approved, Sep 15, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad... Congrats!!! Your LUD changes were for a reason then...

Why "6.5 yrs of struggle " if you don't mind details?

Last edited by a moderator:
puneet_gcard said:
Friends !!

RD Oct 15, 2002
ND Oct 31, 2002
RFE sent Aug 16, 2002
RFE response Recd Sep 9, 2002
Approved, Sep 15, 2002

Congratulations !

Don't forget today is Sept 2004, not 2002 :)!

Congrats Puneet !!

If I remember correct, your wife had a RFE which you never received. Correct ? What anyway happened to that RFE ? Was that a false alarm ? Did she get the approval anyway ??

mi2004 said:
Congrats Puneet !!

If I remember correct, your wife had a RFE which you never received. Correct ? What anyway happened to that RFE ? Was that a false alarm ? Did she get the approval anyway ??

Yes. It was a false alarm. Like I had thought, she never really did have an RFE. My attorney's paralegal would not agree with me but I turned out to be correct. Her case has also been approved straight away when my RFE was responded.

Hope that helps.

Thank you all for your good wishes !! If anyone has any questions then please feel free to ask me anytime.

Hang in there guys. You will all be approved.

Congrats Puneet,

What was ur RFE about ??

We share the same Notice Date , hopefully,,I will see the magic word too.

mgr91221 said:
Congrats Puneet,

What was ur RFE about ??

We share the same Notice Date , hopefully,,I will see the magic word too.

According to my lawyer it was a very foolish RFE. They wanted an affidavit from another person verifying my date of birth. I had already sent them copy of it at the time of filing plus affidavit from my father. Dont know why they needed another one.

So I had to get another affidavit from India (which I did as quickly as I could)