Got Stamped Today

walidandkelly

Registered Users (C)
to everyone that supported us and answered our questions , thank u so very much this forum was the only thing between me and a serious break down thank you again , now my last question is , i got my stamp in the passport that says processed for i-551 valid untill 07/17/2007 work authorized is this all i need to travel , am i going to be ok coming back to the states ? ur answer as always will be apperciated am travelling 07/24 and coming back 09/07

Congrats.

Yes, the I-551 on your passport is exactly the same thing as a 1-year green card. You're good with that, even though your plastic card should be coming soon.
But the stamp is even more convenient (no risk to lose the card at all)!

Might Experience Longer Wait at Customs Check Point

WalidandKelly,

In May, I returned to the U.S. with I-551 stamp from a trip to Asia. At Los Angeles Int'l Airport, I had experienced a longer wait(45 mins) in clearing customs. Apparently, that average officer needed "superior approval" in order to let me in, which was completely unneccessary.

The moral of the story is: I-551 is sufficient for traveling but do anticipate longer delay at check points.

You are good to go...I don't know if you are the wife or hubby but if you are the wife and you changed your name and is different from your passport would be good to carry a certified copy of your marriage license.

Good luck,