GOT RFE NOTICE on 140 RD 10/21/05

srikanthsiva

Registered Users (C)
GOT RFE NOTICE on 140 RD 10/21/04

Will let you know what it is after my lawyer receives it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What could it be?

I am not sure what it could be as it is not ability to pay because I teach at a university. Can't be educational because job required minimum MS (which I got from the US).

I am paid above labor too..

So hopefully its a simple issue issue. Any thoughts?

Hi Sri,

Based on your details, it could be pretty simple, like a typo mistake. In the meantime, would you like to correct the RD to year 04. Thanks.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

RFE Issues I can think of

I think these are my guesses:

1) I had gap in employment. I was laid of in Feb 2002....looked for a job to transfer H-1, finally applied for H-4 in March, Got RFE for H-4 in March (askingfor original marriage cert), Got a new H-1 from the university for job starting in August 2002. Abandoned H-4(did not reply h-4 RFE) and left the country in May 2002 and came back in August 2002 with new H-1.

2) When filing for 140/485, my wife could not obtain her birth cert so we used embassy verfication. I dont know if this is related to I-140.

Last edited by a moderator:
srikanthsiva said:
I am not sure what it could be as it is not ability to pay because I teach at a university.

Well, I work at a state owned university as well and my RFE was regardling ability to pay.

We have over 100 employees and my university has not filed for a GC for anyone else in at least 5 or 7 years so it caught us by surprise but it's not a big deal. The lawyer is working with the financial director to write a statement and get some more documentation that they can easily afford to pay me.

I hope it is that...

cfiler said:
Well, I work at a state owned university as well and my RFE was regardling ability to pay.

We have over 100 employees and my university has not filed for a GC for anyone else in at least 5 or 7 years so it caught us by surprise but it's not a big deal. The lawyer is working with the financial director to write a statement and get some more documentation that they can easily afford to pay me.

Cfiler, thanks for your response. I hope it is something very easy to handle. I get nervous with these issues on immigration and curiosity kills me!!

My university is also a state university with 600 employees, 6000 students and $70 M in revenues. (this was stated in 140 application). They have also filed several GC's before me.

The only positive side I see to this is that at least they touched my file.

Cfiler:

did you submit a statement for your RFE? Along with the statement, did you submit any documentation? If yes, what else did you submit?

Thanking you in advance,

I believe that the reply will be sent on Friday or Monday. It includes a detailed statement by the chief financial officer explaining that we are a state agency, that we have over 600 employees, the sources of funding (tax revenue plus tuition and fees), some general numbers as well as a statement that the university can afford to pay the wage stated in the approved LC and filed 140. Finally we are adding our annual report and some other financial information but since I'm not a numbers person, I'm not quite sure what it all means.