Got RFE, but have ?s

WWWW

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Lawyer notified me today that she got the RFE, requesting for

- copies of your W-2s for 2000, 2001, and 2002
- copies of three most recent pay stubs
- copies of tax returns for 2000, 2001, and 2002.

Right now, only have tax return for 2002. In this case, what I can do? Download the forms for 2000 and 2001, fill in and send to INS, or just send 2002 only?

I heard that can request from IRS, but seems take up to 60 days. Anyone have more information on this?

Thanks in advance!

WAC02-072-5xxxx

Similar RFE request

My lawyer called about RFE

-copy of W2's from 1999 to 2002.
-copy of company's tax returns
-Employment letter verification

Don't know what to make of it. Awaiting mail from lawyer.

Raksha.

u can call 800 number (check in phone book) and call IRS requesting ur tax returns for the years u want they will send it through mail 2 years back one could walk to there office and get it but I think they have changed that

Both Cases are filed in California Service Center it seems.

One of my friends brother requested tax returns from IRS recently for H1B Visa Stampping in Chennai Consulate, India. They issued the copies on the same day.

Please go to local IRS and request it is for INS and need expidated reply.

All friends please keep your Tax Returns, W2's and copy of I94's and H Visas for RFE's.

BaSh

Is that the information we need to supply with 485 application ?

If that is the case then lawyer should have supplied to asked applicant to make sure he or she has it.

It is crazy - 7 RFEs for one case - looks like whole new application to me.

When was the rfe issued?

Keep us posted so we can add your information to the 485 RFE track file

Thank you.

My lawyer did send all my w2 and tax returns for last 3 years at time of filling I think it doesnot hurt sending those even if lawyer doesnot want them to send:)

Even I got same thing for my RFE today. I am really worried.

In 2002 and 2003 I was laid off couple of times, so on my W2's I have very less wages then described on labour.

But currently I am working on same job description with same salary described on my labour. I hope INS agrees with that.

If you guys already prepared letter to INS please give me the format.

Thanks

Why-R2,
I thought of replying RFE by myselft but I decided to go with attorney. Anyhow thanks for the link.

I have updated my details on spreadsheet.

RD 07/23/01
ND 08/27/01
FP 01/03
RFE 02/05/04

WWWW,

While applying for 485 my lawyer attached all the w2, tax returns etc. I did not have 1999 tax return. I got both, state as well as federal tax returns copy.I went to my local IRS office and got a copy of it. It was less than 30 minutes job. I am not sure if I had to pay anything.

Btw, I live in Raleigh, NC.

IRS tax returns

I called the 1 800 number for IRS and got the tax returns in about a week.

hgc,

Did you request the free transcripts or the $39 per year copies of your tax returns?

Guys, who got RFE for tax returns - in general is TSC asking for:

1. Just a copy of the 1040 for each year.

2. Official transcripts of the tax return (provided free by IRS by mail by calling 1-800-829-1040)

3. Official copies of the tax return (provided for $39 per tax return by mail by IRS by calling 1-800-829-1040)

I am sorry I am lost here.

We submit 1040 to IRS. Is a copy of 1040 (that we submitted) is enough or are we talking something else here ?

If you have a copy of the original 1040 you have mailed to IRS, that should be sufficient, but what if you do not have a copy (you filed electronically, lost the hard copy etc.)?

Anybody, who responded to RFE for tax returns, please comment.

Free IT Transcripts

Getting IT Transcripts from IRS is a very simple thing and most Governmental and Private agencies need to see this Transcript -- not just a hard copy of your returns.

Call 1-800-829-1040 and follow instructions. Your transcripts will be mailed free of cost within 10-12 business days (irrespective of what the system says.) I have used it and it works wonderfully.

If you want hard-copy of your filed return, you have to pay some $65 per return, I guess, and will not be made available to you before 2-2.5 months.

IRS also pays for your sluggishness -- it sends you the copies of transcripts for the past 6 years, I guess. I wish INS emulates some of these good things from IRS. So, just go for transcripts and you should be hunky-dory.