Got RFE but company has closed. Need Help!!

LongLongW

Registered Users (C)
My Info:

RD - 06/2001
ND - 08/2001
EAD - 11/2001
FP Done - 03/2002
RFE - 06/2002
Case # WAC-01-265-****

I just got RFE for pay stub. The company which is sponsoring my I-485 has already closed on May 2002. And I have not found another job yet. So I am desperately need advice. Thanks a lot for those who can give me some advice.

No Title

RM_CSC is correct, its not too late, if you have April, May pay checks, send them immediately. You are in safe side.
Good Luck.

I was on unpaid leave status on April and May

Thanks a lot for the advice. I was on unpaid leave status on April and May. So I received only 2 weeks vacation pay in April and a couple of days severance pay in May. Totaly two pay stubs. Is that OK?

Since it is all that you have go ahead and send them.

Send the ones before that too .... Say three paychecks

Is that better to hold sending back RFE but trying to find a new job?

If I hold sending back RFE, try to find a job at mean time and ask my new employer sponsor me, is that better? Also, When I applied for I-485, I used Senior Software Engineer title. Is that OK to switch to Software Test Engineer for the new job?

Thanks.

I would strongly recommend talking to a Lawyer

Contact Murthy, Khanna etc. It is time to strongly engage with a lawyer and take action accordingly.

Thanks for the info

Thanks a lot for all the info. I talked to my lawyer and was told that I can wait until I find another job. But I must respond before the end of August. If I cannot respond by that time, my case will be denied. Also, I asked the lawyer that is there any way to let the case pending for a while. The answer is No.

Does this mean you have 2 months to respond to RFE ?

Does RFE have deadline by which you need to reply ?

Hope you find a new job quickly. Try http://www.dice.com most of it is bogus postings by recruiters, but there\'s some real jobs too.