Got Ref I-485 but I-140 Pending

mahi4u

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got ref on I-485 last month but I-140 pending.INS asked us to submit my wife birth certificate,our marriage certificate and TD vaccine.We haven't submited yet coz we're still waiting for my wife birth certificate which has to come from India.We got renewd our EAD,AP 2nd time.Meanwhile my h1b getting expired next month i.e 5 yrs completed.

My question is do i need to apply for h1b extension or can i use my EAD..?.I didn't change employer.Is it possible working on EAD for my employer while I-140 pending...?.Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahi

==================

EB2/NSC I-140/I-485/AP/EAD Concurrent
RD- 04/01/2004
ND- 04/08/2004

Some people have found out that their 140 has been approved when they call and inquire why they got an RFE for their 485. You may want to call the 800 # and talk to a person and see if they can look into your 140. The online status doesn't always change to approved.

Hi mahi,

Whether one wants to apply for H1 extension and continue to be in H1 status or work on EAD is based on how much safety & security one wants in his/her GC processing.

Based on your pending 140, it may be better to extend your H1 which you may get by a year (till end of 6 yrs), unless recent policy changes would give you a benefit of 3 more years.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

Thank you for your response ...Cfiler and DIGS.I just got mail from my attorney.She suggested that better to file h1b extension.I'm going to file for extension.

Cfiler..how to get in touch with INS customer service representative..?.I tried but automated system is not letting me to reach representative.

Mahi

Just keep selecting options to talk to an agent even if the option does not quite apply to you. Their headset will just beep, they don't know which path you took to get to them.

GMGC,

It was sometime in the month of Mar'05.After getting renewd EAD and AP,2nd week of Apr'05 i got ref on I-485 asking to submit my wife birth certificate,our marriage certificate(We already submitted at the time of I-140 and 485 filing,don't know why they are asking again.) and TD vaccine.We took TD vaccine and waiting for my wife birth certificate.

Getting frustation...we applied for my wife birth certificate in India 45 days ago.Stiil they haven't issued.Worst revenue departments in India.My Bro every day following up with our area revenue officer(who is actually going to issue BC).They want us(NRI'S) to invest in India but see their services....

I feel NSC is better than our revenue department.

Mahi

Birth Certificate

Municipality (Municipal office) issues the BC.
I have never heard a Revenue Department issuing a birth certificate.
If you submit a birth certificate issued by Revenue Department, I don’t think USCIS will like that.