Got new EAD at Dallas office

bkd52

Registered Users (C)
I walked into the Dallas office for renewing my EAD card as my old one had expired on 11/14 and my H-1 expires tomorrow on 11/22.
Some one had said in this forum they were refused an Interim EAD. I got my new EAD effective 11/21/02 (today) through 11/21/03! 1 Year! I wish I had gone last week instead of waiting for the stupid thing to be approved. My attorney was surprised I got it for 1 year. I think they will cancel my application filed by mail.

As for my experience, I got there at 6:00AM, got in at 8:00, got called to a counter in 5 min.s, she stapled my EAD application form which I had filled out to my Receipt Ntice for the EAD which had been over 90 days and told me to wait in front of Room #3. I dropped the application through the mail slot in the door and 30 min.s later a lady called me in, took my pic, took FP and I was done.

I have heard elsewhere on this Forum of a directive to stop issuing EAD & AP same day. It's not in effect yet apparently.

I would recommend to those working on expired EAD and awaiting EAD renewal to take a chance with local office. I feel much better about it now..

Last edited by a moderator:
FIRASATH ALI...

FIRASATH ALI...how long was your EAD renewed for. I have heard they don't do it for 1 year, they usually give it for 6-8 months, but mine is extended for 1 Year.

Hi guys,

I 've also got my EAD extension for 1 year in ATL local office last week and the old one is going to expire 11/26/02. Of course I 've also got my approved EAD from INS this week.

ND 11/01/01

- Why-R

ead RENEWAL

Hi,

My EAD expires on dec20th2002, is it advicable to collect new EAD 20 days before, 90 days will be completed on Dec16th.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

EAD RD around 7/30/01
EAD ND 8/9/01

TIKKU,

I think u have to wait for 90 days after applying, so in your case you could go between dec 16-20 to your local office if you dont get it by then

Hi bkd52,

Thanks for the reply,

one more doubt, If I dont get interim ead before expiry, do the company has to lay me off, or can I still be with the company, but on unpaid leave

I believe you can be on unpaid leave. At least that is what I gather from the other gurus in this forum.

Dallas INS Office Address

Please let me know Dallas INS Office Address and What are all the documents do we need to be taken to INS Office to get Interim EAD Card.

I filed my EAD renewal two month ago and my EAD is going to be expired next month.

Regards
Baktha

BAKHTA & TIKKU

BAKHTA & TIKKU,

Looks like the standing order on not issuing same day EAD & AP is going into effect right away. You may have to think of renewing H-1 OR going on unpaid leave if your EAD does not come thru by the time your old one expires. There may be other options.

I am not sure what SAME DAY means. I dont know if you can still get it by walk-ins after sufficient background check is done or whether they have completely stopped issuing walk-in EAD's.

BAKHTA, I went to the Dallas office on 8101 stemmons fwy.

Hi, bkd52,

Would you please help with my question, it might sound silly, I had no experience.

I am waiting for my first EAD to be approved. I filed it with Texas center, if 90 days has passed, could I go to a local INS office to get one using receipt notice ? If I get one in local office, do I need to cancel the application with service center?

Thanks very, very much.

BUBBLECFD,

If 90 days has passsed since you applied you CAN go to the local INS office and get a EAD same day. ( Although this may have changed since Friday, with the new INS order disallowing "SAME DAY" issuance of EAD & AP, but should certainly try)

No, you do not neede tso cancel your application, it automatically gets cancelled when you are issued the EAD at the local office.