Got my second FP notice

fermat007

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks:
I got my second FP notice in mail today. I am going to the ASC on Charcoat Ave for fingerprinting tomorrow even though my FP has been scheduled for Sept. 22. Does anyone want to share their experience on early fingerprinting in San Jose? I know this topic probably has been beaten to death. But still...

I-140 EB-1 OR Approved Oct. 2002
I-485 WAC03-066*****
RD Dec 19, 2002; ND Dec 23, 2002
First FP Feb 6, 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
did your on-line status change before you got the notice in the mail?
I did my FP on Feb 5, 2003, nothing about 2nd FP.

Got 2nd FP done

Hi folks:
I decided not to wait till tomorrow to get my second FP done. I went in a few mins ago and finished it. No problems at all. So I got my FP notice in mail at noon and my finger prints were done by 2:45 pm.

Dima66a:
The notice on the website did not change. I just got the notice in mail. I am sure you will too get it shortly.
Good luck.

fermat007 said:
Hi folks:
I decided not to wait till tomorrow to get my second FP done. I went in a few mins ago and finished it. No problems at all. So I got my FP notice in mail at noon and my finger prints were done by 2:45 pm.
Wow -- you are quick :)

Good for you that they allowed an early FP -- maybe the mafia boss was out at lunch !!! :D

I had been to Charcoat Ave on last Saturday to do my early FP, which is schduled on Sep 07...a lady told me to come before 2 weeks. I requested her.... no positive response!

saphr485 said:
I had been to Charcoat Ave on last Saturday to do my early FP, which is schduled on Sep 07...a lady told me to come before 2 weeks. I requested her.... no positive response!
From past postings here. it looks like weekday afternoons work the best -
The consensus is that the mob control/mafia don/security guard has to be missing from his post to get an early FP.
So yeah, timing matters :)

Saphr485:
Well, I had no problems at all. This girl working there was more than helpful. Actually, there were just five people ahead of me. I was in and out within 20 mins. I dont think it has got anything to do with the time and day either. I know people who have gone on Saturdays to get their early FP done and have breezed through. In fact one of my friends was asked by the person working at the ASC to come on Saturday. I thought I would go on Saturday. But just on an impulse decided to go today and got it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best timing to do early fp

I think the best time to do early fp is wednesday afternoon or saturday late afternoon.
I went on a saturday at about 11:00 am to sj asc and they did not do an early fp for me.
I went to the SFO ASC reached there at about 2:00 and was out by 2:30.