Got my Naturalization Certificate stolen. Need more info/help

sandwichleg

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I haven't been on this website ever since my late 2009 citizenship interview happenings...! Brings me back so many memories.

I just came back for a two-week vacation, and while preparing myself to apply for a visa earlier today, I noticed my Naturalization Certificate (the glossy kind you get after your oath, with your photo and notarization on it) had been stolen*. I had it sealed and taped inside a manila envelope with all of the letters I received from the Dep't of Homeland Security while I was applying for the citizenship, with an old passport I used as a kid in Korea. The entire envelope is gone, while my other envelope marked as TAXES is still here.

I am in the process of filling out the N-565 to get a replacement, and under Part 3, it asks me the date I received my certificate. I know it was either December of 2009 or January of 2010. Is there a way to find out the exact date, without having your certificate? By calling a number?

Did anyone else experience anything like this? Whether they misplaced the Certificate, or had it stolen? If yes, how long did it take you to receive your replacement?

* I'm filing a police report tomorrow morning, before work. The paperworks also had my social security number on them, so I'm really scared and frustrated right now.