Got layed off and Approval

EndlessWait

Registered Users (C)
What a day today, or rather yesterday - since its past mid night, was. I will remember this day for a very long time. At 3pm I was called by the vp of my company, he told me that they are laying me off. I was quite sad and angry. I called up my lawyer to figure out my options. My lawyer said he will look into my case and call me back. After a while he called me back and told me that my I-485 had been approved. God! What a day! Is this some kind a devine intervention or what? :eek:

No Title

Congratulations on the approval. Sorry about the job, but who cares about the damn job as long as you have the green card, you can go out and get a new one.

No Title

endless wait,

If you don\'t mind, what is your ND? and when did you take your FP?

Thanks

No Title

Hey Ciba,

Can you please update my info in your list. I will let you know how my stamping goes. I just can\'t thankyou enough for all the efforts you have made in keeping this discussion board alive and in keeping the list updated. In some sense you were the support system for me in these harrowing times. Thanks again Ciba!

No Title

EndlessWait,
Congratulations - I am so very happy for you. We are in the same situation - company is about to file chapter 11 - FP taken on Feb. 20, ND 11/01/2000. Hope the approval will come one of these days. You really made me happy with your post - congratulations again. I can just imagine how it feels to be free...I guess I can now take over your screen name :)))

No Title

Thanks Maja,

I sincerely hope you do get through this maddening idiocy.
EndlessWait is rather apt screen name; you can have it. :)

EndlessWait

No Title

Congratulations Endlesswait and good luck to you. Do you mind letting us know the exact approval date, is the AVM updated?

Thanks.

No Title

Endlesswait, congratulations!

One question, would it be a problem when you go for PP stamping that you no longer work for your company?

No Title

Congratulations, God works in mysterious ways. We all need pray and believe god. I remember one guy need get GC before April 11, did this guy got his GC already.

No Title

AVM has not been updated, yet. I will be getting the approval notice soon from my attorney, I will let you the approval date then.

EW

No Title

EndlessWait, Congradulation!! You don\'t need to wait anymore. Can you tell us where\'s your CSC center? Thanks

No Title

EndlessWait,

Looks like my luck did pass to you.
We are not actually 100% lucky because we do encounter some mishaps.
But once you can achieve the ultimate goal, those mishaps are blessing indeed.

Don\'t spare your congratulation to others. You\'ll also get benefit.

SC708

No Title

Thankyou all for the congratulations. Regarding how my lawyer came to know about my approval, he got the approval notice. He was suppose to fedex it today; I am hoping to get it tomorrow. For my passport stamping I need to go Sanfrancisco. Any idea what time I should reach there.

No Title

Congrats .... Its encouraging to hear your story...

My colleague got his passport stamped at SF office last week. He
reached at 8am. He was informed that he would have to wait for
45 minutes. However he was called in 15 mins. The whole process
lasted for around 45 minutes.

Do update us with your experience as there seems to be lot of people
who are visiting the INS office for the 245(i) issue.

-SujitC

No Title

Congratulations, Endless!!! I am so happy for you. Actually, being
laid off after the approval is in a sense "better" than quitting the job,
because you will not be accused of leaving the job immediately after
the approval. Being laid off is a good reason to defend yourself
in case you are questioned later.

Regarding passport stamping in San Francsico, it will be a piece
of cake for you for sure. Just show up and you will be done in
no time. :) It is not like San Jose...

Now will you keep us posted about your job hunting. :)
Good luck and wish you all the best.

ciba