Got it!

caiyw

6 days after officer #303 recieved my RFE, rest please see my signature.

I was surprisingly calm when I saw the message, maybe because so much emotion, anxiety has been poured into this throughout the process, hang in there guys, there is actually hope!

God bless us all.

Congratulations.

I got the RFE ACK on 13th May and today LUD changed again from 13 to 16. So if it follows the pattern like ur;s then i would expect it by the end of this Week.

Pray for ME

ND MAy 7th 2002
RFE Jan 25 2005 (lost in the mail)
RFE April 26 2005
ACK 13 May.
AP ????

Gullu said:
Congratulations.

I got the RFE ACK on 13th May and today LUD changed again from 13 to 16. So if it follows the pattern like ur;s then i would expect it by the end of this Week.

Pray for ME

ND MAy 7th 2002
RFE Jan 25 2005 (lost in the mail)
RFE April 26 2005
ACK 13 May.
AP ????

My pray goes out to you and all the guys who got stuck in this unfortunate process, seems that if you done your FP recently and got your FBI name check cleared (mine took 2 years, I sincerely believe my case would have been approved long time back if it weren't for the check), your case should be approved very soon after the RFE.

Hang in there, I am sure it is around the corner.

caiyw001 said:

I was surprisingly calm when I saw the message, maybe because so much emotion, anxiety has been poured into this throughout the process, hang in there guys, there is actually hope!

God bless us all.

Congratulations!!! I am glad for you.

I got ref on legal status and I have the similar situation to your wife in which my H1B approved a short period after the OPT had expired but the received date was on/before OPT expired. So I had a short employment gap with the same company but forgot to specify on the history part of the I-485 aplication form. I am a derivative case and primary applicant was approved in March 05.

Caiyw001, Could you please let me know how did you explain it on the ref reply regarding that? I am really worried about it and afraid the officer(#0020) might pick up me on that. There is no any message changes except the ACK. Can I do a case inquiry or contact a local congressman if it is still pending adter a couple weeks?

Thanks,

ND: Oct 2002
FP: dec, 2004
Ref (legal status) ACK May 3, 2005
AD?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the exact word I put on the cover letter

Please note: The receipt date of the XXX's H1b petition is October 16, 2000, which is before the expiration date (November 08, 2000) of her Optional Practical Training (OPT) period. Also, XXX was informed by her attorney of that time (Mr. XXX, International Law Office of XXX, address, Phone: 713-xxx-xxxx) that she should be able to continue working between the OPT expiration date (November 08, 2000) and H1b approval date (December 16, 2000), which is 37 days in total, after the filing of her H1b petition. Should her attorney misinterpreted the immigration law at that time (we did not verify with other lawyers about this issue), the petitioner would like to respectfully remind the officer that Section 245(k) of The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) enables Ms. xxx to adjust her status, provided that she has never been out of status or work without authorization for more than 180 days.

I was pretty worried about that myself, and was afraid that our cases would be transferred to local office because of my wife's short unauthorized employment gap, but seems that USCIS does not care too much about that if it is < 180 days. Hope it helps.

congratulations caiyw001

caiyw001 said:

God bless us all.