Got interview letter, USCIS site says still pending.

mma5566

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I received interview letter but when we login to the USCIS site and check the statuses of our cases using the receipt numbers it says Current Status: Case received and pending. I thought it supposed to say "Can not found" since the cases has been moved to the local office.

Any comments?

According to this forum the online status is very unreliable and one should not try to draw conclusions from it one way or another.

Please, share your DO and time line. Thank you.

My timelines

01/21/07 Sent N400 by USPS Priority
02/11/07 FP Rec
02/28/07 FP Completed
03/15/07 IL Recd
04/25/07 Interview Date

My wife and I received interview letter but when we login to the USCIS site and check the statuses of our cases using the receipt numbers it says Current Status: Case received and pending. I thought it supposed to say "Can not found" since the cases has been moved to the local office.

Any comments?

The online status is simply useless. It's never updated and 100% inaccurate. My wife's and my status still says "Current Status: Case received and pending" and then in the description, says "on Aug/4/2006 we received your case......"

Yet we have both finished interviews and are waiting for oaths!

Which URL are you using for case status (bec. they keep updating the site and moving/changing stuff all the time)?

Last edited by a moderator:
And I since applying for the N-400 all the way to my oath ceremony wasn't even in the online system to begin with. When I contacted them on the phone, the woman told me it isn't accurate at all, and a lot of times they don't even put you into it at all.

So yes, it's a pretty worthless function and when it does work, it won't tell you anything accurate anyways...

Any comments?

Congrats! Can you tell us where is your district

Any comments?

Don't worry about the online case status. It is highly unreliable and inconsistent.