Got GCs and want to thank you all!!!

HondaRider

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

We got our GCs on Friday and are celebrating!!! What a great Xmas present!!!

After 8 years as a non-immigrant, over 5 years in the employment based backlog queues and now this year we miraculously win the DV lottery. And today we a LPRs. :D Wow, what a ride.

I owe everyone on this forum a huge debt of gratitude for getting me and my family through this roller coaster ride to LPR status. Without this list, I would have given up on the black hole of DOL and USCIS a few years ago and packed up and moved back to Aus.

First to all the contributors to the PBEC threads. Your information and banter kept a light glowing at the end of the tunnel during the crazy delays we all shared. To know that 300,000 of us were all in the same boat was hard, but seeing signs of movement occasionally for people in the group kept hopes alive.

And now to the contributors to the DV threads. In particular, CatsEyes. The information you provided was so so helpful. Without it my family and I would have been stuck at CP without all the needed information. Several times I had to question my attorney about their directions, and sure enough, when they checked, they were wrong and CatsEyes was right. Thank you, thank you. In hindsight, I shouldn't have bothered with an attorney for the DV.

If I were to give my advice to future immigrants, it would be this.
1. If you win the DV lottery. Follow the information on this site, be prepared, be thorough and do your research.
2. If you plan to come here via Employment based immigration. Be prepared to wait. Work for a very supportive employer. Be prepared to wait. Get a very very good attorney. Be prepared to wait. Expect to stay with your employer for 10 years while you wait. And did I say, be prepared to wait. Seriously though, you will get through it eventually, but be prepared to deal with extending visas over and over again, dealing with children aging out, and many sleepless nights waiting for some sign of progress.

Well once again I wish to thank you all for all the invaluable information and support and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

HondaRider,

Congratulations on the green cards. And thanks for a great ending post. I appreciate the fact that you came back to thank everyone for all the information they shared.

Good luck again in all your future endevours. Hopefully someday, we all too will walk out of this tunnel :).

Jawad