Got EAD now what? and AP too...

srikanthsiva

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I got my EAD and I need to know what I need to do at this point? Do I notify HR? [I do want to change from h-1 to EAD]

Also how does AP work? Mine has been approved but I havent received it yet. I need to travel to Asia in March.

Can I use it for one time travel or is it valid for 6 months etc?? How does it work?

Due to the nature of my job (professor), I do not work during the summer, can I stay in my country for that entire 3 months on AP?

srikanthsiva said:
Hi, I got my EAD and I need to know what I need to do at this point? Do I notify HR? [I do want to change from h-1 to EAD]
---------- If you want to switch to EAD just notify your HR and show them the EAD card. If I were you I would try to be on H1 till my I-140 is approved since if 140 is denied you will be out of status and have to go out of the country to get back to H1 status assuming you have some time left on H1.

Also how does AP work? Mine has been approved but I havent received it yet. I need to travel to Asia in March. ---------- It lets you come back to the US after a travel overseas before the AP expires. Have to carry the approved AP's when you leave US.

Can I use it for one time travel or is it valid for 6 months etc?? How does it work? -------------- It is valid for the entire period specified on it. Usually one year from the date of issue.

Due to the nature of my job (professor), I do not work during the summer, can I stay in my country for that entire 3 months on AP?
----------- You can stay as long as the AP is valid for re-entry.