sooo_tired

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I received my CAIPS Notes last week. Here is my timeline
Application Sent : Feb 18th 2003
AOR: March 6th 2003
Initial Assessment: Feb 11 2004
Interview Required.

And the letter from Buffalo says file will be transferred to NY Consulate. Dont know how long it will take. I requested for CAIPS to see the reason for the interview. It says "Recommend Interview to clarify extent of subj's EMP Experience".

They awarded me 76 points.
What would they want to verify with my experience? I have been working here in US from 1999.

Another thing which I noticed in the CAIPS is, that they awarded only 20 points for my education where as I have MBA and submitted all the transcripts along with my application. How can I correct that coz thats going to cost me 5 points. The points for masters education is 25 and 20 for batchelors.

Please help me what am supposed to do? or should I wait for interview and tell the interview officer that I have masters and they didnt give me points on that? ;)

Any idea when NY Consulate will call for an interview?

Thanks

soootired

Maybe they felt employment letters were not detailed enough with title, pay, job description, job duties, period of empl etc. did u have job duties in letter ?
Best of luck
(Plz take some rest if you are so tired. Make time :))

hi texan..

good to see you back....yeah am taking lot of rest now a days :eek: since nothing much is going on with the processing...

the exp letters i had were very obtained in 2002 before i applied for the PR. They just say that I am working for them on so and so platform from so and so date..Thats all..
But now, am working for about 2.5 yrs with the current company. So i can get all that stuff on my recent exp letter from my company. But my previous companies are closed. I cant get new exp letters from them. Thats what is my main concern is.

Also any idea about why they calculated my pts on Bachelors when I have masters? Would it be ok if I send them a Fax stating that my CAIPS shows that they didnt take my MBA into account?
Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sooo_tired,

First of all don't worry about the process. I was exactly in the same situation as you were.

After I received the letter from Buffalo that my case is being transferred to NY, I received a letter from NY in a month. The letter stated that the interview was scheduled for February 4th, 2004. NY Consulate processes cases faster than Buffalo.

Interview was smooth. Even though I had 76 pointes the reason I was interviewed was because the officer was unable to verify my employment. They were looking for my company in the web and since they were mis-typing the spelling of the company it was re-directing them to a different web page.

The officer did the same when I was interviewed and told me that such a company never exists. I was really surprised and then I asked her about the spelling. Finally she typed in the correct spelling and was able to get my company's information.

The interview went smooth, certificates and letters were verified, she took copies of everything and finally told me that my PR is approved.

Asked me to send the updated FBI verifications and the ROLF. Those things wee completed in 2 weeks, got request for my passport, sent my passports along with stamped return envelope, got back the passport in a week.

I have time till December 9th, 2004 for landing.

So, don't worry and everyhting will be processed and completed smoothly.

Visit the Buffalo tracker and I have given my interview experience.

All the best.

DA

Originally posted by sooo_tired
Guys,
I received my CAIPS Notes last week. Here is my timeline
Application Sent : Feb 18th 2003
AOR: March 6th 2003
Initial Assessment: Feb 11 2004
Interview Required.

And the letter from Buffalo says file will be transferred to NY Consulate. Dont know how long it will take. I requested for CAIPS to see the reason for the interview. It says "Recommend Interview to clarify extent of subj's EMP Experience".

They awarded me 76 points.
What would they want to verify with my experience? I have been working here in US from 1999.

Another thing which I noticed in the CAIPS is, that they awarded only 20 points for my education where as I have MBA and submitted all the transcripts along with my application. How can I correct that coz thats going to cost me 5 points. The points for masters education is 25 and 20 for batchelors.

Please help me what am supposed to do? or should I wait for interview and tell the interview officer that I have masters and they didnt give me points on that? ;)

Any idea when NY Consulate will call for an interview?

Thanks

Jalabalajings

Thank you for your reply. It makes me feel better.
I just remembered that probably the other reason might be that my H1 5th yr expired on march 31st 2004. I applied for an extension already. That might be a reason too for an interview.

It will be 2 months by Apr 11th since my initial assessment. So I was wondering how long it might take. But from your reply, I think i should get it sometime soon.

Thanks Again.

H1/US Immigration has nothing do with your application for PR in Canada. Ya, if you were worried that whether you will get PT before completion of your 6th year on H1, I can understand your worries.

Mayank

Still waiting

Am still waiting for the letter from buffalo saying that they transfered my file to NYC. No news from them as of yet. Dont know how long it will take...

Anybody out there who got the interview letters recently?

In the mean while I have sent them a letter (both fax and regular mail) asking them why they did not count my Masters....and also my recent experience letter...

I mentioned in the letter that I noticed the mistake in not counting my Masters from the CAIPS notes. Hope they corrects it.

Since i applied in March 2003, will they assess based on 75 pts or 68 pts?

Thanks

Got Letter

I received letter from buffalo on 24th of Apr saying that my file has been transferred to NY Consulate. Does anyone know how long it will take for NY Consulate to send Interview Letter? Please let me know. Thanks.

My file has also been transferred to New York in April 2004, so I am waiting on an interview call..

After I waited almost 6 months for transfer to New York I must ask, how long is the wait for an interview schedule?

Jahmal

Jamhal

jalabalajings in his post said that he received the interview letter from NY in about a month after his file is transfered.

Thanks

Hello,

I got a letter of transferring my file to NYC in November 2003 and after 3 months, i.e in February 2004, I got a letter that my interview is in June. So, it depends i think.

But, I do hv a question for Mr.Jalabalajings: My company does not hv a website, but on all its documents a website link is given which is not working. And after reading your notes, i think that's could be the reason for my interview also. So, any idea what should I reply ? Now that company is closed. I hv transfered my h1 to a new company.

Thanks

Any recent Interview dates for New York

Hi everyone

It has been over 7 weeks since I got the letter that file has been finally transferred to New York for interview scheduling, but no word from New York as yet about an interview date. Any news from others?

Jahmal

I guess you should be lucky to be posted to NewYork,

My file has been transfered to detroit, April 07 they did Initial assesment and June 02 the actual transfer took place,

and As of detroit status there are 800 cases waiting in queue on May 10 th ,
and for the scheduled interviews there are 10 cases in July and 70 cases in August

At this pace when will the 800 cases complete and when My number will come ?
The whole immigration to canada sucks , To interview 1000 people if it takes an year what good is that ?

Hi sri25

Not sure how much luck I have..my initial assessment was november 2003..actual file transfer April 2004..transfer took 6 months..I have been waiting already 8 months since my Initial assesment and no interview as yet....

For you seems it was a less than two months for actual transfer..your luck is so far better than mine..

Jahmal

Sri 25

All I can say is that if you think the Canadian Immigration process is slow and ineffecient you obviously havent been through the US one.
Its all relative bro.
Best of Luck

sri25....detroit is processing very slow... it took them 54 weeks to call me for an interview...hope u have better luck than mine....i understand ur frustration...just be patient...i have my interview on jumly 26...hope all goes well...
good luck sri...