Got B1 visa but Trip cancelled

JLCF485

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks -

My brother was sponsored a B1 visa by his company for a month-long training in the US. At the last minute, the trip was cancelled. He has 6 months stay stamped on his passport. Can he use the visa to travel as a tourist in his own expense?

Let me know!
Thanks, JLCF

The visa stamp on the passport does not authorize stay in USA, It hust gives a window within which ur brother is allowed to enter USA without needing a new visa. For example if the stamp expires on Feb 29 2006 he can enter this country till that date.

Duration of stay will be determined at the port of entry in USa where he will get a I-94 which will be stamped with the date till which he can say.

To answer the question u asked, yes he can travel with appropriate documents.
(Letter of invitation from u etc), though not necessary but a precaution

waitin_toolong said:
The visa stamp on the passport does not authorize stay in USA, It hust gives a window within which ur brother is allowed to enter USA without needing a new visa. For example if the stamp expires on Feb 29 2006 he can enter this country till that date.

Duration of stay will be determined at the port of entry in USa where he will get a I-94 which will be stamped with the date till which he can say.

To answer the question u asked, yes he can travel with appropriate documents.
(Letter of invitation from u etc), though not necessary but a precaution

Thanks for the reply....

Looks like his company has a change of heart.... My brother said it was postponed for January...

Their visa expires April 2006....