Got approved today ( ND - 14 Jan 02 )

arastoo

Registered Users (C)
By God' grace, both my and my wife cases got approved today.
Untill 1pm today nothing was changed but when i checked online status again around 2:30pm, i saw the approval messages.

Good luck guyz!

ND - 14 Jan 02
RFE - 03 Sep 03 (for employment letter + wife's medical)
BTY, i am from SR country but didn't get any RFE regarding SR,
may be because i used AP once.
2nd FP - 25 Sep 03
AD - 16 Oct 03

I did contact congressman twice and that helped me a lot.

Congratulations

arastoo, can you give more details about which congressman you contacted, was the rfe issued before/after you contacted him? Thanks

Congrats arastoo

you mentioned that rfe on wife's medical, what is the info they are asking for that? can you please post the details here. That will be useful for us.

thanks
waiting_4_485

Congratulations!!!!

My dates are pretty close to yours. When did you actually start contacting senators. My RFE reply was received by NSC on Sep 3 and my second FP was done on Sep 18. I am so desparately waiting to hear the good news. I check the online status atleast 7 to 8 times in a day.... unable to stand the frustration. I too want to contact the senator if it's going to help

Hello UTGC2002 & bill1735:

Sorry for the late reply. Here is my congressman info:

Thaddeus G. McCotter
11th District, Michigan
Ph# 7346320314

I actually contaced him first time in May 03 and i got a response back from them within a week that our cases are
in pending as they were processing August cases then.

In August i contacted him again and congressman's assistant was really surprised when i told him that i am still waiting for a decision on my case form BCIS and the very next week i recieved a letter from him stating that BCIS is going to send to us notice for 2nd fingre print and they are also going to issue an RFE for Employement varification.

It was like BCIS started working on our cases after they recieved an inquiry from the Congressman office.

After couple of weekd i recieved finger print notices followed by RFE's from BCIS.

Thats the whole story.

RFE for wife's medical

Hello waiting_4_485:

Actually when we had our medicals, we were expecting a baby
that's why the docter did not give any shots to my wife.
Although, in the RFE, BCIS stated that they attached the old medical results but we did not recieve anything so as per our lawyer advised my wife gone through the whole test again.

I hope this reply satisfies your query.

Arastoo,
Congrats man. Did you let you attorney know that you are contacting him? or was it your initiative, and your attorney just recieved the RFE and FP? I am thinking of doing the same thing and don't know whether to contact or not. Any advise would helo,

Thanks,

thanks arastoo

When we applied our 485, we were expecting a baby, they did not do full testing. Probably We need to go throguh same. Thanks again for information.

waiting_4_485

Hello gvaknin:

I did not talk to my lawyer before contacting congressman. I had asked my laywer too many times to find out the current status of my case but he never did anything so i just approached to the congressman. He wasn't happy though when i told him about it but but what we got to lose.

I know some cases which got approved just becuase of the congressman interventions. It happened to one of my friend whose I-140 approval was sent to the US consulate in his country because INS thought that it was a CP case(it was AOS though). My friend waited and waited. When all of his other friends who filed their cases at the same time got approved he went to a congressman and then he came to know about the whole situation. The congressman made INS to get back his I-140 approval from the consulate and process his case and then he got approved in the next couple of weeks. If he had not contaced the congressman, God knows how long his file would have been kept close in the shelf.

This is my exprience but i must say you are the best judge to decide.

Arastoo,

Thanks. You are right. I will rethink and update the forum of the results.

All the best,