Got an RFE.... RD 8/3

GCdreamin

Registered Users (C)
Can't believe it... I've been patiently waiting to hear good news for the last couple of months now and after 415 days from RD, I get an RFE!!! Frustrating, exasperating, agonizing....

Just needed to complain a little... Here are my details:

EAC-01-280-
RD 08/03/01
ND 09/26/01
FP 01/22/02
RFE 09/17/02
Category: EB1 (useless.. may as well been EB17), NJ

Haven't received the RFE notice yet, so don't know what its about.

Does INS tend to do this for cases more than 365 days from RD?

Can someone please give me an idea of expected timing, i.e. how long does VSC take to approve once evidence is provided. Any information will be much appreciated.

Based on the numerous posts I saw here...

it takes up to two weeks in most cases to have a RFE processed.

Same situation here

checked on AVM last Friday, and "shocked" to find there is an RFE mailed out on 09/19...says it should take no more than 2 weeks.

I thought August filers like us should not wait no longer for the approval...guess I was wrong...

What can I say....patience is the only remedy now I suppose...

just an observation..

...should not wait no longer = should wait longer....

...carefull with that English langauge

GCdreamin - Sorry to hear about the RFE

Categories dont matter once you file for I-485. So dont blame the category for getting an RFE.

While I do understand your frustration, I think you are over-reacting a bit too much. Thanks to your EB1 category you probably never had to go through the frustration of Labor Certification or the I-140 approval an average EB3 person goes through. This forum has seen people with PD as early as 97/98/99 getting approved just 4-5 months ago. Can you even imagine their agony? A single RFE and you cry foul ?

Anyways, I hope your RFE case is not as complex and I hope you get approved very soon.

On this forum, I have seen RFE's for
- Marriage/Birth Cerficates
- Incorrect/Incomplete Medical tests
- Employment Letters/Pay Stubs
- W2/Tax returns
- and of course there could be many more reasons.

I have seen people in this forum getting approved within 2-3 weeks of providing the necessary information

Good Luck and smile. There are others in even worst situation than you are. So keep your chin up man young man/women :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the AVM message change to say an Rfe has been issued? Did youlearn it fromm the IIO?

Thanks guys for the info.

I heard the RFE on the AVM last friday. Jacky9875 /VC123 -- you guys in the same boat? I suppose we just hold our breath till we here from VSC.

Greenpatta, thanks for the info/feedback. I understand your point about others having a longer wait to go through the whole INS experience. In my case, a point of frustration is a point of frustration, and I needed to express it.

Bad luck buddy..........

One never can predict anything with INS...........so stop anticipating when and RFE gets approved. Just reply to the RFE and keep waiting......Then more you call the more you get frustrated....

But every dog will have it's day.......right.........So will ur's and so will mine......

Goodluck...

RFE notice received on 9/23

My lawyer received the RFE notice today 9/23.

It was for the usual employment related stuff:
Letter of employment status, 2001 tax return with W2, and pay stubs for the last month.

On a slightly optimistic note, my Co. lawyer said this is not unsual, as lately INS has been going the RFE route a lot more than usual, and this does not reflect a deficiency in the application in any way.

see...

One again funny INS Mathematics....
All tensed up for 4-5 days.. RFE RFE RFE RFE RFE..thats all U thought abt..
Now..it no deal..

Man enjoy...Wait for UR approval....