Got an Interview comeing please read and advice

allaboutsk

Registered Users (C)
Dear Readers

I had a few questions and was hoping that anyone with knowledge or have experienced can aid me. I have an I-130 through my US citizen wife that was pending till recently and now my wife has been called for an interview. The interview will be held on November 3rd 2006. It is going to take place in the Chicago office. I had a few questions.

1. What should my wife take with her besides what is already listed in the letter
2. Any hints or advice on how to pursue the interview.
3. An estimate of how soon will we be notified that the case is approved.
4. What kind of tone the interviews are held with.
5. What type of questions are asked

Please any other things you feel is necessary that I needed to take advice on and did not mention please add

Thanks all

Sincerely

Salman A khan

allaboutsk said:
1. What should my wife take with her besides what is already listed in the letter
What's in the letter should be fine.
2. Any hints or advice on how to pursue the interview.
Answer the questions honestly and conscisely. Don't volunteer information if not asked. Do what your interviewing officer tells you.
3. An estimate of how soon will we be notified that the case is approved.
They may tell you at the interview if you have been approved. Depends on some factors. Others have to wait for mail notification
4. What kind of tone the interviews are held with.
Depends on the interviewer. My interviewer was stern, but clear in what she wanted. I didn't get a smile, but I did get approved.
5. What type of questions are asked
I was asked the names of my in-laws, and if I had ever visited them. My wife was asked why she moved to Pennsylvania (which we did the week after our weddding, so rather obvious answer). I was asked for evidence of joint living (e.g. joint bank accounts etc).
Please any other things you feel is necessary that I needed to take advice on and did not mention please add
Don't stress!

allaboutsk said:
Dear Readers

just to make sure...you are also going to the interview right?
or did they especifically called her for the interview?

Well since I am not in the States because I was already in deportation proceedings at the time of the marriage so I didn’t want to mess things up and I left voluntarily so that’s why only she will be interviewed since she is in Chicago now trust me I had to leave for my case to be processed and there was no way I could have stayed; I don’t have a bar which was an advantage of leaveing. I had gotten plenty of professional legal advice and all my attorneys concluded that I leave the states and will have to go through the case being away

Thanks for all the help again