Got a ir6 green card..although labeled cr6

Chicuileo91

I adjusted my status through my wife whom is a citizen. At the time of my interview i was married with her 2 years and about 2 months. The officer categorized me as cr6 2 year conditional..although i was married more than 2 years at the time of approval. In the mail i got a 10 year ir-6 card. My question is do i have to apply to remove the conditions even if i got a 10 year ir-6 card?

Ive been getting mixed answers. My attorney said i dont have to. But another attorney said i have to follow and apply to remove the conditions regardless????

Your green card is correct. Under the law, you become a non-conditional permanent resident if you have been married for more than 2 years at the time you become a permanent resident (which is when your Adjustment of Status was approved). You do not need to apply for Removal of Conditions.

Your green card is correct. Under the law, you become a non-conditional permanent resident if you have been married for more than 2 years at the time you become a permanent resident (which is when your Adjustment of Status was approved). You do not need to apply for Removal of Conditions.
Even if i was labeled as cr6 at the time of approval?

Even if i was labeled as cr6 at the time of approval?
It doesn't matter what it was internally "labeled" as. The law requires them to admit you as a non-conditional permanent resident.

For people who consular process for an immigrant visa abroad, if they get a CR1 visa very close to the 2-year anniversary, they can even intentionally delay entry so they enter after 2 years and be admitted as a non-conditional permanent resident with a 10-year green card.