good news EB3 relief passed in senate

raj_agrawal_04

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to share a news for the EB3 retro. If this gets cleared then
we may see the jump in the PD.

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,911,6717,9243

3. EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Both the H-2B relief bill and the EB-3 relief provisions will now be included in the Senate version of the supplemental appropriations bill. However, since neither of these measures was included in the House-passed supplemental, they will be discussed when House and Senate conferees meet to resolve differences between the two bills. In both cases, AILA will urge the House to recede to the Senate on both the H-2B bill and EB-3 relief.

The REAL ID Act (if not passed by the Senate), H-2B relief, and EB-3 relief will be subject to conference negotiations. It is thus important to focus attention on Members of both the House and Senate.

Thx,
Raj

Raj,

Could you explian to me what EB3 applicants get out of this bill? I would appericiate if you can explain in detail.

Thanks

EB3 Retro

I think : All the Retro affected guys until 2004 -- Might get there 485 processed regardless of the PD.

PD will only apply for EB3 and Retro contries who apply after 2004.

July140 -- if this rule takes effect today and U are approved 2mmrow then -- Ur will be truly a concurrent approval (Assumtion that : U are retro affected guy)

Forum Members what do U make of this..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is going to be benefical for Shecdule A applicants ( Nursing and Physical Therapy) , thses occupation fall under Schedule A and are not required to go through Labor Certification.

-Pearl

pearl11142002

Did you read anywhere else that this will be benificial to Schedule-A applicant ONLY?

Thanks

Guys, read carefully. The above message says only 50% will be move for Schedule A. Not all.

"50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations."

abc3 said:
Guys, read carefully. The above message says only 50% will be move for Schedule A. Not all.

"50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations."

50% = 65,000 GC's(Visas)..... So we can expect atleast 1 year jump in PD....

Except I/C/P of EB3...all the others are current. They may use all these for Retrogressed EB3...

mydearcard

I did not read anywhere else regarding 50 % for the Shedule A applicants , smilar bill was supposed to be introduced by sentor Tom Lantos from California.

I dont have much details.

-Pearl

Please see Highlighted text in red that shows 50% will be for schedule-A. Hopefully we will have remaining 50% for other Retro affeced EB3.

3. EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Thanks raj_agrawal & others,

This is great news. Hope the bill is passed soon.

Even 50% allocation equals to 100% gain to someone like us.

DIGS
EB3, India
PD : Aug.03
RD : Apr.04
140 ??
485 : Maybe before 140, if this bill is passed.

Sentor Tom Lantos has introduced HR-139 to recapture the nos.
It is currently referred to the immigration sub committe. It has long way to go
untill it became a law.
I guess if we can get even 50% by this then also it will have some jump in the PD rather than moving by month and 2 by each visa bulletin.

Raj

pearl11142002 said:
I did not read anywhere else regarding 50 % for the Shedule A applicants , smilar bill was supposed to be introduced by sentor Tom Lantos from California.

I dont have much details.

-Pearl

why do you think it takes long time become law. Some people are expecting May first week President will sign. Please correct me if I am wrong.