Good Interview in Garden City, New York

tsnbagman

Registered Users (C)
I believe that we are approved but I have not heard that exact word from the officer. She mentioned that FBI clearance is still pending. If that comes out okay, my wife should be getting her green card in 10-12 weeks. Does it sound like that we are approved?

Interview experience was not bad at all. I believe we were over prepared for the interview! The officer was neither nice nor rude. She was Asian. I thought all her questions were good questions. When asked, she scared us by telling us that AP is not a guarantee that my wife will be able to get in at the port of entry!! Is it safe for my wife to use her AP? We are scheduled to travel at the end of October.

We could not have done this without this forum. I am not going to mention any individual names but thanks to everyone on this board. You guys are awesome.

Congrats. I'm sure the security checks will be done soon.

Travelling with an AP seems to be a bit of a hassle at the airport when you fly back but I haven't heard of anyone who was denied re-entry. I spoke to someone who travelled outside the country recently on an AP and when he came back....immigration questioned him, in a separate "interview room", on his legal status details and eventually let him through.

Congrats, I am still waiting for my Interview, Nervous...
Is that Name check thing, only for Apllicant or Husband?

Thanks

tsnbagman I had my interview on the 19th of this month, and I am on the same status as you're wife is? The interviewer just told us to wait 4 to 5 weeks in the mail for an answer. She kept my son's birth certificates, a copy of our lease and last 4 rent receipts, 2003 and 2004 tax transcripts, and a picture from our wedding. Didn't say anything about name check neither FP. What do you think?

Why wait 4/5 weeks? It could be many things. One possibility is that she is a junior officer and she needs her superior to take a look at the case before she does the approval. Another possiblity may be that she would like to check the validity of the documents that she kept. Its good that she did not mention name check. That seems to be a troubling thing for a lot of folks on this board. I think you will get your approval notice in few weeks! Good luck.

TSNBAGMAN tell me, did you Interviewer wrote anything in your passport and what documents did she take for your wife's file????

nolillan said:
TSNBAGMAN tell me, did you Interviewer wrote anything in your passport and what documents did she take for your wife's file????

nolillan, Only thing she wrote on passport is "I-485 Filed". Two things that she kept are tax documents for last two years and our marriage certificate.