Going to Mexico with RTD

Yukanna61

I recently received my RTD and I want to go to Cancun with my wife. Do I need a visa for mexico or can I just travel with my RTD. I've seen different comments online. Perhaps someone who's been there with an RTD could clarify this. Thanks in Advance.

Last I checked, you must have RTD+GC combo to be able to travel to Mexico without a visa. If you only have RTD, you have to obtain a visa first.

^ The above is not true. Mexico allows travel with RTD without GC. I have myself done so. However expect delays as the agents do not usually know these requirements.
Any travel documents can be verified in the Timatic Database run by airlines. Make sure you select stateless/refugee. For example

^ The above is not true. Mexico allows travel with RTD without GC. I have myself done so. However expect delays as the agents do not usually know these requirements.
Any travel documents can be verified in the Timatic Database run by airlines. Make sure you select stateless/refugee. For example
I went there and it seemed to say that a visa is required unless their original passport was from one of the countries that have visa-free access to Mexico.

I went there and it seemed to say that a visa is required unless their original passport was from one of the countries that have visa-free access to Mexico.
That's what it was! You're right. You can travel visa-free to Mexico either with RTD-only or RTD+GC if your original nationality is one from a country with visa-free travel. If your original nationality needs a visa, even with a GC you still have to apply for a visa.

That's what it was! You're right. You can travel visa-free to Mexico either with RTD-only or RTD+GC if your original nationality is one from a country with visa-free travel. If your original nationality needs a visa, even with a GC you still have to apply for a visa.
No, with GC (or US visa) you do not need a visa to visit Mexico.

Yup, I stand corrected. I did not read the lower part. My COP is listed there, so probably that’s why I never had an issue. I did not have a passport from my country however. The I-571 (RTD) has the nationality listed on it. I just used the RTD to travel to Cabo and back without GC.