Going To Graduate School On Aos Pending Status

manbuncj

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I will be going to graduate school next year for a Ph.d program.The University intend to offer me teaching assistantship position.

At the moment my AOS is pending. I understand I will have to use my EAD in order to be on teaching assistantship position.

My AOS is an employment base(EB-3) which was filed by my employer. I am a high school teacher.

My worry is, should I have to notify USCIS of my move to do my Ph.d program or should it be done by the University?

What format do I have to use in oder to address this to USCIS if I am suppose to do it myself.

I will be working on the same duties as described on my labor certification, but I do not think I will be able to invoke AC21.

I would be grateful to have your response.

Thanks

Hi all,

I will be going to graduate school next year for a Ph.d program.The University intend to offer me teaching assistantship position.

At the moment my AOS is pending. I understand I will have to use my EAD in order to be on teaching assistantship position.

My AOS is an employment base(EB-3) which was filed by my employer. I am a high school teacher.

My worry is, should I have to notify USCIS of my move to do my Ph.d program or should it be done by the University?

What format do I have to use in oder to address this to USCIS if I am suppose to do it myself.

I will be working on the same duties as described on my labor certification, but I do not think I will be able to invoke AC21.

I would be grateful to have your response.

Thanks
If you can't use AC21 and you leave your sponsoring employer before 485 approval, aren't you putting y our application at risk? I dont think your Univ can write any thing to USCIS to keep your application valid.

GC is for future employment. If the GC and PhD both are from the same University, lot depends on how the lawyer prepared / amended the case. Overall, there is a risk.

I would wait for the GC before making the move.