Going to Canada for Landin - Port of Entry?

sanam9696

Registered Users (C)
I received my canadian visa in Feb'06; I am planning to go to Canada in Sep'06.

On my landing documents and application, I have mentioned Toronto as port of entry, whereas now I want to go to Sarnia (by road from Detroit). I need your help, in figuring out, if it I would be able to complete the immigration process (e.g. landing, permanent card, SIN..etc), if I land in Sarnia, instead of Toronto.

Also for permanent card, I am going to use my friend's address in Sarnia. is it ok?

Please help

I need your help, in figuring out, if it I would be able to complete the immigration process (e.g. landing, permanent card, SIN..etc), if I land in Sarnia, instead of Toronto.

- It's okay to land in Sarnia

Also for permanent card, I am going to use my friend's address in Sarnia. is it ok?

- It depends on the officer. I've heard some accept friend's address and some do not.

Good luck..

What alternative address can u give?

Thanks Bigboy..

What alternative address would be acceptable, in case they don't accept friend's address?

I am going to use Automatic Visa Revalidation, as US visa(H1B) is expired and have valid I-797(I-94) until Apr'09. As an Indian citizen, do I need to register myself in US (don't know where)? I am not sure but I read somewhere that people from countries should register before leaving US, otherwise it might create problem, when one applies for multiple visa stamping.

I am planning to go to India for stamping in feb'07, let me know if registration is must.

Thanks

What alternative address would be acceptable, in case they don't accept friend's address?

I have heard that if they do not accept the friend's address, they ask you to call them to give your addrss once you settle. Again, this is what I have heard - you could be lucky and the officer might accept your friend's address

I am planning to go to India for stamping in feb'07, let me know if registration is must.

You will not need any registration for the AVR. My relative used AVR fairly recently (less than 1 year ago), and did not even care about this registration.