Getting married just 5 months before H1 expires...

Karthik Sundar

I am employed as a Software engineer (H1B ) in the US. My H1B visa is going to expire on 10/31/2001(after 6 years). Meanwhile, my labor is done and I140 approved. I am waiting for my marriage before applying for adjustment of status (I485). I am planning to get married in June, 2001 and my wife will go to Chennai US consulate for her H4 visa in first week of June. Since I have only 5 months(June 2001-Oct2001) left on my H1 visa.,would there be any issue for her H4 visa? Would it be an issue at port of entry provided she gets H4? I would appreciate any response.

Thanks in advance,
Karthik

No Title

I am employed as a Software engineer (H1B ) in the US. My H1B visa is going to expire on 10/31/2001(after 6 years). Meanwhile, my labor is done and I140 approved. I am waiting for my marriage before applying for adjustment of status (I485). I am planning to get married in June, 2001 and my wife will go to Chennai US consulate for her H4 visa in first week of June. Since I have only 5 months(June 2001-Oct2001) left on my H1 visa.,would there be any issue for her H4 visa? Would it be an issue at port of entry provided she gets H4? I would appreciate any response.

Thanks in advance,
Karthik