getting laid off during AOS before 180 days of applying.

what satisfies \'similar job\'?

so i get my green card if: 1, the i-485 has been pending 180 days, and 2, i get a similar job.

can i satisfy the second condition by starting my own company where i will do the same work that i was doing before?

\'similar\' job in my own company?

can the "similar job" be a self-employed position? i.e., can i establish my own company in the same line of business and work for that company to satisfy Ac21?

Introduction

I have been assigned to assist with these groups. Please note, that we will not interfere with the public nature of this forum other than to provide help when needed and to maintain proper decorum.

Richa Narang
Case Manager
Law Offices of Rajiv S.Khanna, PC

AOS laid off before 180 days

I there a case were INS revoked all company GC petition after learning from other gov\'t agency that it already got bankrupt without giving a chance to the beneficiary that they got a new job?Pls. help

AOS laid off before 180 days

Our company had many programmers who are already in I-485 stage but before 180 days. Although company attorney still continue to file all I-140 approval Company already laid off all of its employee and also incur lot of violation from other gov\'t agency like non payment of taxes to the IRS(w/c is now under investigation).moreover, Company is about to file chapter 11. Is there some way that INS would have a knowledge of this and revoked all petition coming from my company?

lay off within 180 days

As I spoke to couple of attorneys, the impression is that if you get laid off before 180 days then you can join any company with the EAD, provided the new job description matches the one in the labor certification that was filed for Green Card. 180 days period applies, only when you voluntarily change your job. And as everybody says, it depends on the immigration officer. And if you get a RFE, there is a good chance of getting the GC after you change the company.

Same here

Got laid off within 180 days. Checked AVM and got a RFE - I have not seen the RFE yet, but will keep your guys posted once I got it and once the decision is made on my case. Wish me luck.

Change your home address?

Have you change your home address? hire a new lawyer?
If so, Which form did you fill? If not, the RFE will send to your lawywer, pay attention.

Thank you

Didn\'t get finger Print Yet

Hi,

I didn\'t get my finger print yet after 9 months of my I-485 filing. All of my friends who applied long time after me has received that. What I am supposed to do to make sure it will not delay my case.

Thanks.

Shafiq.

No Title

I am changing locations(different state) within the same company, becuase my original branch is closing. The lawyers say, they have to restart the whole GC process. IS it true what they are saying, or telling me stories.?
What points can i argue to let them file my I-485( i have I-140 approved on March 1st).
Now they say they have to restart the whole process again when i move to my new branch.