Getting interim EAD after 90 days of application

koiadmi

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My AOS interview was great, and the interviewer said she was approving everything but i-485, pending on namecheck.

Right now, my USCIS status for EAD is "case received and pending". Since more than 90 days have passed since the application, I got the infopass appointment and intend to get an interim EAD card.

Even though I am going there, but can they issue the interim EAD card? Anyone tried that before?

Thanks

After the interview

Same thing here ,i went to the interview on dec 13 06 the interviewer didn't say anything .. still waiting nothing happen after that

applied on sep 11 06
fp Oct 18 06
interview dec 13 06
Still waiting :confused:

koiadmi said:
Hi

My AOS interview was great, and the interviewer said she was approving everything but i-485, pending on namecheck.

Right now, my USCIS status for EAD is "case received and pending". Since more than 90 days have passed since the application, I got the infopass appointment and intend to get an interim EAD card.

Even though I am going there, but can they issue the interim EAD card? Anyone tried that before?

Thanks

Hi:

District offices no longer have the authority to grant an interim EAD. It is a thing of the past.

No more Interim EADs

Effective 9/1/2006 - The DOs stopped issuing interim EADs.

I was in a similar situation - with my work visa expiring and no sign of my EAD ... I scheduled an InfoPass (60 days after filing the application) and the Immig. officer I spoke with was very helpful - she sent an email to the NBC for me and requested expedited processing of the case since my H1B was expiring. She also took my phone number and called me the following day saying that she had received a response to her email and that the NBC was going to "take out and process my case" - lo and behold!!! a week later, I had received my EAD approval and the EAD card followed a few days after. (Total time ~ 70 days).

Hope this helps.

My lawyer now says that I might not get the physical EAD in infopass meeting, but the DO will get the process moving, and the concerned service center will issue the EAD soon.

I am not much in need of EAD right now (because of H-1b extention), but I do want to know why EAD has not been issue.

Thanks