Getting FRE on 485 doesn’t really mean name check is cleared

GCW2006

Registered Users (C)
I had InfoPass appointment today and officer told me my name check still pending. However, I had two LUD 08/07 and 08/08 on my case as well as on cases of my derivatives. My son and wife got medical RFE and we already reply for them almost three weeks ago.

you are right

I had InfoPass appointment today and officer told me my name check still pending. However, I had two LUD 08/07 and 08/08 on my case as well as on cases of my derivatives. My son and wife got medical RFE and we already reply for them almost three weeks ago.

I got 2 RFEs my NC is still pending. I replied my last RFE more than 2 month ago.

I’m just trying to understand the pattern

In this case I cannot understand what pattern USCIS uses when they touch cases. If my NC pending, why do they start to review it? My PD Jan 2006 and ND 2006. I did biometrics in Jan 2007 and there were not LUDs since then till August. My coworker already got the card three months ago.

There seems to be NO pattern that USCIS follow. It seems all luck.
USCIS pre-adjudicate cases with NC pending, as when it is cleared in the system, approval can be sent without much (LOL) delay.

If not LUD after FP means FBI did not respond properly

After FP, you should see LUD in one or two days .
The LUD is becuase FBI will respond in 24 to 48 hours that Fingerprint is ok.

If no LUD after FP means FBI is investigating more.
Need to take infopass appointment and see if Fingerprint still pending security check at FBI ?

Not always.

I did my 3rd FP on July 3rd 2007 and no LUDS till now.
I called FBI and they said my results sent back on 5th July 2007.

There are lot of GC's approved without LUD changes too. My assumption is it depends on the IO who is working on your case. If they have your file till yuo are done with FP, they update in the system. If they start work on different case, then they may delay.

However, you can receive RFE at any stage but that doesn't mean your Name Check completed. I am not sure how USCIS processign cases. May be periodically they start work on some group of files, and after soem time move it to different work.