Getting a copy of H1B from INS

gctry

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus , Jaxen ,

I worked for an employer for about 8 months about 2 years ago . He never gave me a original of H1B. Is there anyway that we can request INS to issue a duplicate of the H1B from INS without involving the employer ?
Please let me know...

Thanks,
Sai

You should have taken ....

Well, you should have taken a duplicate when you were still an employee of that company. Employers revoke the petition itself once the employee quits the job or is laidoff. Moreover, when you change the job and get a new approval, you get a different case number and the old case number will not hold good anymore.

I have a copy of the H1B....

I have a copy of the original H1 but thats not enough if we go to canada/mexico for revalidation,,,I heard we need all the previous and present original H1b\'s for revalidation of visa....
Is it true ?

Thanks...

you do not need....

You do not need old company\'s notice of approval. You need the approval of current company and most importantly a letter from the current employer and most recent paystubs (atleast 2 to 3) in addition to copies of I-129 application with supplement, laca and I-129 W. If your education is not from U.S. School, you need to carry a copy of your evaluation report also in addition to original degree certificat and transcripts.
Basically, I-797 (i.e. the notice of approval) top portion is an employer document. That is the reason why they do not ask for such document of the previous company. However, it becomes a mandatory document from the present company and you have to carry the original approval notice of the current employer.

Thank You Very much...Jim , Jaxen....Do you also....

Do you also agree with what qaz12 said about the previous H1 original ?

I appreciate your help guru\'s.....

Thanks