German Transit Visa

PSG2004

Registered Users (C)

Hi All,

As per the latest information that I have received, a person traveling on valid AP requires a German transit visa if there is a halt at Frankfurt. This requirement is not applicable to valid visa holders (H, L, etc)

Can anybody please confirm this? :confused:

Thanks!

It is needed if u have a expired US visa or valid AP.
I'm trying to get one. My travel dates are open and now I have to get a tourist VISA by submitting Emp leter, bank statements , ... all that BS.

I hate these idiots. Why the heck they think we are potential immigrants.
I wouldn't stay in germany even if they offer me 300K.

True. Do you know how long it takes to get the visa? Is the visa required for a 4 hour halt or is it only if you want to stay in a hotel in Frankfurt?

I travelled via Frankfurt on Nov-2002. Its an 24 hour (one day visitor visa). You may step outside the airport within these 24 hours. But who knows , rules might have changed in past 2 yrs, u may be restricted inside the transit area only.
They stamped my passport within few hours, it was in NEW YORK city.The whole episode ended between 8:00 am till 2:00 pm.
VISA is required even if the plane lands in germany for a minute.
Contact the german consulate for uptodate info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Air Transit visa required for AP

Forget AP, even if you have approval but no card, you need a transit visa! I recently travelled by Lufthansa after my approval but I had to get a airport transit visa since my card had not been issued. The visa itself is $13 and they give it based on number of times you intend to use Frankfurt as your transit point. You need to give a copy of your ticket for visa purposes. In Washington DC, you would get it the second business day after submission.

pphs,

Can you tell me what are the documents to be submitted for transit visa?

Will it be okay to submit a printout of e-ticket as Lufthansa dont issue ORIGINAL paper tickets anymore?

Your inputs will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
~Mad

Hi,

I wrote an email to the German Embassy in October as I'm travelling to India in november. Here is what I got for reply.

"You do not need a transit visa for airport transit only with a valid advanced parole document and and Indian passport."

Hope this helps.

Niti.

Niti Upadhyay said:
Hi,

I wrote an email to the German Embassy in October as I'm travelling to India in november. Here is what I got for reply.

"You do not need a transit visa for airport transit only with a valid advanced parole document and and Indian passport."

Hope this helps.

Niti.

Did you correspond with the German Embassy in Washington DC for this response? If so, can you provide the email address that you corresponded with?

TIA...

K

Niti Upadhyay said:
I corresponded with the German Embassy in Atlanta. I live outside Atlanta and so thought of writing to the local place.

Go to http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa.html

Then, on the right hand side, enter you zipcode. That will put you on a local website for German Embassy. You can contact them about the visa. I got a reply back in couple hours.

Niti.

This is the email I got this morning from one Ingrid Jarvis:

You DO require a transit visa with an advanced parole document. Requirements and forms can be found on our website at www.germany.info.

Ingrid Jarvis
Passport/Visa Department

German Consulate General
285 Peachtree Center Avenue
Suite 901
Atlanta, GA 30303-1221
Tel.: (404) 979-6420
Fax: (404) 577-2719

So I guess something changed between the time you and I wrote to them. Now I have to go to NYC to take care of this situation. This is so fu$ked up.

I sure hope the Indian government in a spirit of reciprocity is treating German citizens the exact same way!!

German Transit Visa for Advance Parole:

German Transit Visa for Advance Parole:
---------------------------------------
My I-485 is pending and I have a valid Advance Parole. According to the new Transit Visa rules from the German web Site since Feb 05 - they will issue a transit visa on landing in Germany. Please let me know whether they will issue transit visa for advance Parole cases on landing in Germany?

Please let me know if anybody has travelled through Frankfurt in Feb 05 / Mar 05 WITHOUT transit visa and got them once they landed in Germany.

Thankyou.

raincheck : pls provide URL

Raincheck,

can you pls provide URL where you found that transit visa is issued upon arrival from Feb 05?

thanks