GcInProgress is gcDoneNow

gcinprogress

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Today is a very good day for me and my wife. Both of our passports got stamped.

VSC EB2, RIR PD 9/99, RD 12/28/00 ND 01/05/01 FP 05/15/01 AD 01/02/02.

I quit my sponsering employer and joined new company after 180 days. I never informed to INS about my job change. I also moved from VSC juridiction to Dallas, TX. Changed address in Dallas it self twice. Both the times I informed INS about change of address.

I was almost expecting an RFE, bacause of address change and that too twice.

Luckly nothing happened and got straight approval.

Sequence of events
------------------

Started my labour on Feb,99, I mean I sent all required docs to my employer in Newyork.
Just before august,99 I called my employer several times to find the status of my labour and he kept on assuring me that its in progress and nothing to worry.
Sometime in the middle of august, he called and told me that his attorney never applied for my labour. I was shocked and felt like ..... . I lost 6 months for nothing. My employer told me he would hire another attorney and do it in RIR, to cover up some time. Well there was no option for me and agreed.

The real worked started in Sep,99 for labour certification. This time I was also careful, and was in direct contact with the attorney office. I got labour certfication sometime in June,2000.

Applied for I-140 and opted for Adjustment of status instead of CP. Got 140 approval in November 2000. As a matter of fact we were not ready for 485 as we were not expecting 140 approval so soon. Major delay in applying 485 was for birth certificates. I was under assumption that 10th class certificate is enough as proof of birth. We had to call India for birth certificates, luckly my birth was registered. But for my wife I had to take non-availability certificate and affidavits from my in-laws.

Finally applied for 485-application at the end of Dec, 2000.

I came to know in January 2000 that I am going be a father. Guys the reason I am writing this is because of MMR vaccination we took for medicals. Its not advicebale for the baby if we take MMR vaccination before 3 months of pregnancy and after pregnancy.
We had to go through several tests and lot of tensions till the healthy baby born in Sep, 2001.

My contract got terminated in Feb 2001, found a new contracting job and had to move to Dallas,TX. I notifed VSC about the change of address.

In August, 2001, my contract expired and I knew my employer cannot find another job in this market condition, but my client affred me a permananent Job. No option for me and I calculated the days and it was more than 180 days.. thanks for AC21 .. Changed the Job and took permanent position.

On Jan 2nd, 2002 I heard those magic words of approval from VSC AVM.

Received courtesy copies of approval notoces on 12th Jan. The notices clearly mentioned where to go for stamping, i.e Local INS office Dallas.

Today we got up at 4 o clock and drove for 30 miles to reach INS office. Many people were already there in the queue. We stood in the line for almost 3 hrs, till our turn came in, got our numbers. In Dallas it is very cold day with severe rain and we had to stand out side the building.

Around 11-55, called our numbers, The Lady officer collected our APs, EADs, Photos, I-94, took finger prints and stamped our passports. We were out of the building by 12.05.

Though a hectic day, it was worth of it with our stamped passports in our hands.

So over all it took me 2yrs and 4 months for the entire process.

I wish you all good luck and thanks for helping me in collecting information.

-gcInProgress.( gcNowdone)

Enjoy your freedom now.

Congrats. And thanks for the detailed and wonderful letter.
All of us remaining GC in progress hope our time would come soon too to share this wonderful news with fellow sufferers...

Congratulation!

You are lucky guy. My case is almost same with yours but did not change employer and address. Unfortunately, I got RFE.

Question

Hi
I am in a similar situation like you were. I filed my 485 at VSC and I am moving to Dallas. I have been told multiple things like 1) case being transferred from VSC to TSC (I want to avoid this at all cost) and 2) File AC21. Since you were in a similar situation I was wondering if you had a chance to discuss this with your attorney or some knowledgeable people. In my mind, I would just give a change of address and everything should be fine. Is that true or am I wrong? I would very much appreciate a response from you.

Thanks and congratulations.

from my knowledge..

Sam,

I was too sacred of transfer to TSC or Local INS office at Dallas.
But luckly nothing happened.

I could n\'t get enough information from my attorney about transfers, all they told me that a transfers are totally case by case. Most likely they may send an RFE or ask Local INS office to arrange for an interview. There are very less chances of being transfered to TSC.

Also about informaing INS about job change, Its again depends, I noted from different discussion boards that people prefer not to inform INS about job change. Let INS send an RFE and then you respond, or INS may give a straight approval.

In my opinion, you just submit the change of address and wait. Change of address does not always mean you changed your sponsering employer and also people move to different clients still working with sponsering employer and they do get RFEs.

from my knowledge..

Sam,

I was too sacred of transfer to TSC or Local INS office at Dallas.
But luckly nothing happened.

I could n\'t get enough information from my attorney about transfers, all they told me that a transfers are totally case by case. Most likely they may send an RFE or ask Local INS office to arrange for an interview. There are very less chances of being transfered to TSC.

Also about informaing INS about job change, Its again depends, I noted from different discussion boards that people prefer not to inform INS about job change. Let INS send an RFE and then you respond, or INS may give a straight approval.

In my opinion, you just submit the change of address and wait. Change of address does not always mean you changed your sponsering employer and also people move to different clients still working with sponsering employer and they do get RFEs.

Change of address

Could you please tell me what is the system to let INS know about change of address. My jurisdiction is VSC and I am planning to change my address and keeping the same job. Thanks in advance.
M

change of address.

Inform your attorney about change of address, they will inform VSC.

Otherwise, call VSC service center and ask them to update the address change.

But in any case, call VSC again after couple of weeks and re verify the address change, to be on safe side.