GC Stamping

monster

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Stamping done in SFO today. Joined line at 7.00 and got stamped at 11.00 am. Worth that much time. INS officers are very slow and waiting personified.

Anyway waiting for 4 hrs was better than 28 months.

Requirement for stamping.

2 photos - profile
485 approval notice
EAD Card
AP Docs.

No questiions.

FINALLY DONE.......

THANKS

Does one need 485 receipt also?

Originally posted by monster
Folks,

Stamping done in SFO today. Joined line at 7.00 and got stamped at 11.00 am. Worth that much time. INS officers are very slow and waiting personified.

Anyway waiting for 4 hrs was better than 28 months.

Requirement for stamping.

2 photos - profile
485 approval notice
EAD Card
AP Docs.

No questiions.

FINALLY DONE.......

THANKS

yes

Yes. 485 original approval notices are required and they will take it. They will not give it back to you. You will have courtesy copy for u r records.

Re: yes

monster,

I mean the 485 receipt ..which you get when u file ur 485....

Originally posted by monster
Yes. 485 original approval notices are required and they will take it. They will not give it back to you. You will have courtesy copy for u r records.

do I need to take a new photo?

what kind of photo it is?
The same one as when we file 485 (side face), or the regular passport photo(front face)?
Can we use the digital scan of the original 485 and print it? and the photo was taken two years ago

thanks

photos

Side face (Profile).

They use these photos for the card. U need to write ur alien #and name on it.

so that they dont put ur spouse photo or VIS-A -VIS

Kidding.
thanks

monster, did you have to specify the address where you want to receive your cards ? Is it possible to specify an alternate address ?

Thanks

moment u enter they will ask to show proof of address and ask for your ID. iF UR ADDRESS is not same on the ID, then u have to show the address card which u got it from DMV. ( If you have not informed ur address change to DMV, Do it now. Go physically to DMV and there is a form u need to fill. DMV officer will stamp on it. Whenever ur address change always do AR-11 and DMV).

After checking they will ask you to handwrite your current address on original I-485 and they will not return that to you.

Well my problem is a little different.

I am scheduled to move in the first week of July. Assuming that I go for stamping next week, there would be about 6-7 weeks that I'd be staying at my present address. I am not sure if they are enough and would run into a situation where by I will not receive my plastic cards cause they will not get forwarded to my new address by USPS.

Any suggestions ?