GC Processing times

BhavaniS

Registered Users (C)
As luck would have it, my labor certification, which was in the Federal stage, under RIR, was refiled with State under regular category. And as more bad luck, I am in California.

My attorney tells me that the original priority date would be retained. But lawyers being what they are, they do not take much time troubling themselves with your questions.

So my questions are :

1. Is the priority date the date when my ORIGINAL labor application was filed with the State, or is it the date it went to the Fed?

2. My original State labor application was filed June 2001. If the priority date is the date the application was filed with the State, then is my priority date June 2001 or have I lost that date and it is now the new date on which it was filed with the state?

3. Would my priority date be different now that I have been reclassified under a new category (not RIR but regular?)

4. CA is now processing April 2001 labor applications. A passing bird tells me that the CA state processing times for labor would remain in April 2001 for the next TWO years, thanks to the Mexican immigrant bill. Is it true?

Thanks for responding.