GC processing (Labor) going too slow..

MSMSM

Hi I have applied for our labor in Sep\'2001 and I came to US in 1997.
Now I am approaching my 6 year limit in 2003. News is that if I dont get my labor cleared within this year and apply for my I-140 within this year, I might have to leave the country and stay away for a year, which will be very detrimental for me.Is there something such as Express Package Process?
Any suggestions on the speed of Labor nowadays???

No Title

I am in the same position, I came to US in 1997 and my RIR labor was filed in Virginia SESA in Sept 2001, The Virginia SESA has come to a standstill, labor apps are not moving out of April 2001 for past 5 months and I am clue less whats happening.

Can any body know why the Virginia SESA is holding up the Labor Certs.

Thanks

anyone know WHY Virginia SESA does not move for LCA...

Hello Shenoym,

Yep, I have been watching the virginia sesa for months now...from jan to feb it moved by a miserly 2 days. is there any one who knows WHY this is happening. for a 2 day movement to occur in around 2 months , it means they have STOPPED LCA processing altogether or it is not a priority within the state department any more.

I am waiting, I have 3 yrs to go... and have a aug 01 date for LCA...
but at this rate, i might start looking in other countries...
:),
WaitingForAnswers

I-485

Hi
I recently filed my I-485 in last december 2001 and got my EAC. I planned to get married in either in may 2002 or june 2002. Is it possible for me to bring my wife on H-4 and file for her I-485. If not, how soon should i need to get married to bring her back here to add her name in my I-485.
Thanks

No Title

Yes, you can and should get her here on H-4. As long as you are not doing anything wih your EAD that you cannot do with your H-1, your H-1 is still valid and you can bring her in on H-4. I would strongly suggest you get married soon. You must be married before you are approved for LPR or you cannot include your wife in this petition.

Gabriel D. Jack
Attorney at Law
gjack@gabejack-law.com

labor is getting delayed

Hi there,

I have filed my labor in March 2001. I got a query in Sep\'01 for my experience letter. I got the experience letter and resubmitted. Can you please help me, how to check the status of labor?? my GC processing is thru vermont centre

Prakash
Email : Prakashv44@yahoo.com

No Title

You should be gettting married before ur I-485 approval. Once u get married before that date then u can bring her over on an H-4 since u have not lost ur H-1 status till the I-485 gets approved.
and Once u bring her over on H-4 you have to inititiate her I-485 paperwork seperatebly and if might take few months before the approval.
Hope this helps

I-485 change in processing center.

Hello.
Currently I am living in FL and processing my I-140 in Texas center. I am plannin gto move to NJ due to job requirements (in the same company byt different region), can I file my I-485 to vermont center..?
Is that legal?
Since I applied my Labor and I-140 in Texas, do I have to do anything special to applu I-485 in vermont center..?

Your help appreciated.
Lakshmanan.

EB1 - RIR Acceptance / denial.

Hi ,
I filed for labor in May \' 2001 ( EB3 - RIR ). I am in New York and work for a reputed firm.
What are the chance of acceptance of the RIR cae ?. What is the current status if the Eb3 - RIR queue ?.
What is the basis for denial ?

work permits

Recently I filed form 245i.
I would like to know if I am allowed to work with my SSN with "valid for work only with INS authorization" I believe that my brain is wasting away because I cannot work. When I eventually get permission to work I will be accepting disability

EB2 - RIR

Hi ,
My employer filed for my labor in Oct 2001 under EB2-RIR category with New York SESA. Currently, I am on L1 visa. I am in New York and work for a reputed firm. I see labor certificate is moving very slowly, NY SESA is processing April 2001 and I am told it will take one year for them to move to May 2001 applications.

Do you know any reasons for this slowness. If and how can application be upgraded to EB1 category. I have Master degree and 10 years experience and worked for about 3.5 years for same company in another country before coming to US on L1 visa. In case, I get my application upgraded to EB1, is there any possibility of rejection ?

Does anybody know of following catagories in processing time?

1. I-140 A&B E1-E2
2. I-140 C E1- 3
3. I-140 D E2 - 1
4. I-140 E E - 3
5. I-140 G EW - 3

Need help please

My name is Anil Bali. Now I am working on H1B visa(6 years expires on nov2002). I did apply for Green Card, My Eb2-RIR(applied on july2001) labor denied because my company does not have enough AD. So my case moved to state with NoN-RIR status. Since I completed 1year from start of Labor, Can I extend my H1B if will not get NON-RIR labor by Nov2002. Please help in this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anil Bali
Cinch Connectors Inc.
Telecom
1700 Finley Rd.
Lombard, IL 60148
(630) 705-7546
(630) 705-6058 Fax
abali@cinch.com

need help please

My name is Anil Bali. Now I am working on H1B visa(6 years expires on nov2002). I did apply for Green Card, My Eb2-RIR(applied on july2001) labor denied because my company does not have enough AD. So my case moved to state with NoN-RIR status. Since I completed 1year from start of Labor, Can I extend my H1B if will not get NON-RIR labor by Nov2002. Please help in this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anil Bali
Cinch Connectors Inc.
Telecom
1700 Finley Rd.
Lombard, IL 60148
(630) 705-7546
(630) 705-6058 Fax
abali@cinch.com

U do not have to apply for Labor since ur on L1!!!!!

U may have proceeded directly with I140.
Talk to your lawyer. I fyour current lawyer does not give more information or if you feel unsatisfied with answers from your current lawyer, consult another lawyer.

lawyer told me that for L1-B category have to file for labor

my company lawyer told me that I have to go thru labor on L1-B and filed it in EB2-RIR category. I do not have an option to go to another lawyer as I am an employee at the firm where I work and this is firm\'s lawyer for visas, immigration etc.

Does anyone know whether anyone can apply for GC on L1 without labor cert without a special waiver.

Virginia SASE.,,,, And all other states

In April 2001, gov had declared to accept applications for all illegal people. So in April there were more then 800 aplications all ovewr USA. So not only in VA, but in other states to it is taking long to get the LCA approved.

You have to file I-140 immigration petition before November,2002

I am in the same boat and my H1B expires in February,2003.
I filed my Labor application (EB2-RIR) in september, 2001 and waiting for my LC to be cleared ASAP. If not, I may have to look for alternatives.