GC processing for L1

nnk

Registered Users (C)
One of my frnds is working for a Indian based company. He is in The States now on a L1. His company is not interested in sponsoring a GC for him (from the cost perspective).

What would be the starting point for him to start the GC processing. What kinda paper work does he requuire?

Any help or directions are highly appriciated.

L1 Visa

Hi,
Is your friend having L1a or L1b visa? I am having L1a visa and my company agreed to sponsor but my company attorney charges were very high so I took a chance to apply on my own with my company support.
For L1a visa to green card(esp I-140 process), your friend needs to get lots of documentation from his company like financial report, ownership outside of USA and his boss need to sign up the I-140 applicaton...
Somehow, I successfully got approved for I-140 and applied for I-485 process, and waiting for I-1485 results.
Answer to your question, yes your friend can apply on its own with his company providing him all documents.
Cost for I-140- $130
Cost for I-485 including medical: approx US$900(if he is single and this includes medical & EAD)
All the best.

Regards

:)

Explanation of ducmentation

Manan,

Thanks a lot. My frnd is also on L1A. Looks like both of you are in the same boat.

Did you use an attroney for all this work or did you do it your self? If you did this through an attorney, then I would like to have thier details so that it will be easy for us to contact.

Also please let me know what kinda documenation did you acquire about your company. Did your management had to provide any information which is not available to the public? In my frnds case the financial docs are all public. So any one can get hold those docs.

Also please let me know any other hurdles you faced....

Thanks

L1A to GC process

Hi,
I didn't go through attorney. As my L1A visa is valid till Dec 2003 and also it can extended till 2007, I took a chance to apply on my own with my company help.
Company provided me the following documents based on my request,
1. Detail Letter(2 pages) from President to justify my position here
2. Letter from my president as an evidence of company's ability to pay wages to me.
3. Financial report for the last year
4. Document to prove company ownership outside USA
5. Organization chart which should indicate applicant position and also he should report to core management team(VP or President)
6. Detail Job function signed by VP or President
7. I-140 application signed by VP or President.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Manan

Manan - about the L1A to GC

Manan,
I am also on a L1A visa and am going to apply for the GC. Can I talk/email you about your experience? I appreciate your time & help. You can reply to me via this forum - I accept emails from this forum. Thanks a lot.
Ram

The requirements for an L-1A international manager/executive and an EB-1 for an international manager/executive are nearly identical. Depending on the situation though, it is possible to clearly qualify for an L-1A and clearly NOT qualify for an EB-1 (this is really only true if the person came in under a blanket approval).

Some employers (publically traded, large international corporations) have an easier time proving the requirements than others. Also, some small private corporations are reluctant to provide the necessary information (particularly to one of their employees).

Good luck.