GC Plastic Card Processing Time

EndlessWait

Registered Users (C)
For last two and half weeks the AVM is saying that my GC processing has been completed and the card will be posted once it gets ready. My question is: once the above message comes on AVM, how long does it take the CSC to post the plastic card?

Thanks,
EW

No Title

when did u get ur i-485 approved ??? my guess would be 2 months but u never know it is ins ... good luck anyways you should be okay
p.s. check ciba\'s tracking site it will give u an idea how this whole thing works :O)

No Title

EndlessWait,
I got approved on 12/29/2000, stamped on 1/9/2001, msg changed to \'Processing completed\' on 1/29/2001 and am still waiting for it to change to \'cards ordered\'. I know it\'s frustrating but looks like there\'s nothing we can do.

No Title

Thanks Probs,

I did not know that there were two messages: the completed one and the cards ordered one. Mistakenly, I thought that they were the same. Since people genererally get their card couple of days after the "card ordered" message, I thought my card was lost in mail. This helps, thanks again.

No Title

Hi EndlessWait and Probs,

How do you check the Plastic Card status? Is it the same good old
WAC number from I-485 application that you use to track in the AVM
system?

I just want to make sure one more thing.
There is nothing you have to do immigrationwise after they stamp your passport other than waiting for the plastic card. Is that correct? My case was approved on 28th of March and passport was stamped on 5th April. And the AVM still says "This case have been approved ....". Am I on the right track?

I would appreciate your response.

Aniruddha

No Title

Aniruddha,
    It is the same good old WAC number from I-485 application that you use to track in the AVM
    system.
    I don\'t think we can do anything immigrationwise after they stamp your passport other than waiting for the plastic card.
    I think you are on the right track because that\'s the same status like me. I hope we are right because with INS you never know. Everything is very relative as far as the GC process is concerned.

Probs