GC Plastic Card For Orlando, FL Sub Office

vxkudrimoti

Registered Users (C)
Just want to let you all know that Orlando, FL suboffice do not allow walk-ins for Passport stamping after your I-485 approval. You need to take appointment through USCIS InfoPass website that too different appointments for each family member. One appoinment for whole family does not work.

But the trick is in getting to pages on the InfoPass website where you can take appointment. You need to keep trying until you get to the appointment page as the server is busy all the time. Best time to get to the pages is early morning or very very late in the night. Website is the only way to schedule an appointment, there is no phone or other means to take the appointment.

Once you use one computer to take an appointment you cannot use it again, you need to go to other computer and make an attempt to take the appointment for the other family member or change the IP address of the computer you used prior. Somebody told me that we need to use different phone numbers for each family member. Just don't know which Maharathi built this system, I really admire the proficieny with which the system is made so un-friendly, so difficult to get one simple appointment.

Thanks,

Hi vxkudrimoti,

Could you please post your Passport stamping experience in the Orlando office. I have an appt. for PP Stamping at the Orlando office and any information would help.

Thanks!

ns77

Hi NS 77,

It was pretty cool. We took our Passports, EADs, Advance Parole, I-485 approval notice documents along with the print out of Infopass appointment print out.

Remember without Infopass appointment print out they won't let you in. We went in at check-in counter, the lady took our appointment print out and gave us a token with a no. Just wait until your no. shows up on the display. Go to counter give the i-485 approval notice and your passport. They will take your finger print and stamp I-551 in your passport and will tell you that you'll get Green card in the mail in 1 month - 6 months.

My son had a appointment on different day for his stamping, same procedure was followed but the guy asked us turn in his advance parole documents of my son, where as they did not ask me nor my husband to turn in the same. It depends sometimes they ask you to turn in all your EADs and Advance Parole documents, sometimes they don't.

It's been more than a month since we got our passport stamped and haven't received plastic card yet.

This process is pretty hassel free and nothing to worry about. Don't try to give out any information other than you are asked for. It's better to not to talk much.

Thanks & Best of luck,

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for sharing the information and for the quick reply. Its nice of you to post this information, it will help future Orlando forum readers for stamping.

Couple of questions - my son has already received his Plastic Card - since he is under 14. He does not need his passport to be stamped - right?

Did you have to take separate appointments for both of you?

Appreciate it!

ns77

Hmmm....My son is only 6 Years old, he did not receive Plastic Card directly, we got his passport stamped with temperory I-551. In the Orlando Sub-office they didn't even mention that he does not need stamp and he'll get his plastic card directly. They just stamped his passport without any questions or issues.

For myself and my spouse we had take separate infopass appointments.

If your child has plastic card already I think he does not need to go for stamping. This is just what I think, but I am not an expert. you may want ask this question at Orlando Sub-Office when you go for your stamping. If they say that he requires then you'll have to take appointment for your son and go for it.

Thanks,

That is a little surprising. Instead of an Approval notice, my son received his Welcome Notice in the mail which said that he is going to get his card soon. Two weeks later, his card came in the mail.

I will ask the sub office about it.

Thanks for all the information,

ns77

Did u get the plastic cards?

Hi,
Did u get the plastic card yet? I got my PS on 14th Dec at orlando and waiting for the card. Just want to know the time frame for getting the actual card.
Thanks
~rchit

Hi rchit,

Congratulations on you PR.

I got my stamping done on the 3rd of December. I have still not received my Card nor the Welcome notice.

I had called the USCIS recently to report change of address, and the lady said that if I did not get a Welcome notice in 30 days, I should give a call and they will put in a request for that.

Hope this info helps...

Regards,

ns77

Try this..

Please have the IIO change your address right at the window. Fill the form and that will change your address right there. Call the 800# give them the new address also. Follow up with them as soon as the 30 days are up. Push this guys coz for them there is nada to lose. Lets know what happens.